I love this combination with scrambled eggs or tofu instead of toast. It’s a great way to get an extra serving of vegetables at breakfast. If you want to make this a meal in itself, add some tempeh, tofu, or beans.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 5 to 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (thyme, tarragon, etc.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh watercress or parsley
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and potatoes. Sauté about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are golden. Stir in bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli or cauliflower. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Stir in minced herbs and watercress or parsley. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Note: When I make this to go with eggs. I cook this dish first and transfer to a covered heatproof dish and keep in warm oven while I use the same skillet to cook the eggs.