Thank you to Mothering member zimsmom for sharing this recipe.
She’s got legs, and she know who to bake them! This is one of those dishes that hits the spot every time and it tastes even better the next day!
Captain’s Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken legs (drum and thigh)
- 1 large can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sauté the onions in a 12″ pan that has a lid.
- When the onions are soft, add the chicken.
- Brown chicken on a medium high heat.
- When both sides are a light brown, add the canned tomatoes, raisins and curry.
- Cover and simmer for an hour or longer, until chicken pulls easily from the bone.
- Adjust the curry, add salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and a side salad for a delicious meal.
Photo credit: Elzbieta Sekowska/Bigstock