Oct 1, 2009
Family is forever. The importance of attachment between parent and child does not end with infancy.
This year’s Attachment Parenting Month theme—Attached at the Heart Through the Years—highlights the fact that our parenting role continue throughout and beyond childhood. Moreover, it’s never too late to pursue a great relationship with your child.
Attachment Parenting is a joy-filled parenting style that prepares our children to have happy, healthy relationships the rest of their lives. It enriches the lives of parents and children of all ages. The nonprofit organization, Attachment Parenting International’s, mission is to educate and support all parents in raising secure, joyful, and empathic children, thereby strengthening families and creating a more compassionate world.
We invite you to set some goals today that will benefit you and your child throughout the years.
- Join in these contests-Photo Contest, Children’s Essay Contest, Daily Activities Contest and Design Contest—submission deadline: October 19
- Vote for the contest winners – available at the end of October
- Check out API’s favorite membership special
- Plan an awareness and fundraising event for Attachment Parenting International with these ideas and donate and support API’s mission
- Watch for tips and other information on parenting children and teens to help celebrate AP Month!
- Send your questions and listen in with Scott Noelle, October 19 API Live special guest
- Follow the Attached at the Heart Through the Years blog carnival on API Speaks
Check out the details and API’s partners AskDrSears.com, Mothering, Infant Massage USA, and Search Institute at AP Month Central.
-Samantha Gray, Executive Director, Attachment Parenting International