Thanks to Mothering member MrsKoehn for contributing this recipe.
- 4 Burrito size tortillas, sprouted or flour
- 2-4 tsp Chipotle mayo
- 2-4 tsp Ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 free range chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 4 strips nitrate free bacon, cooked
- 8 long leaves Romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced the long way
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Opt. Fresh jalapeno, sliced the long way
- About 1 oz shredded cheese
- Warm tortillas, slice chicken and veggies.
- Spread 1/2-1 tsp each sauce 3/4 of the way down the center and one side of each tortilla.
- Layer chicken, bacon, and veggies in order listed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheese.
- Fold the bottom up snugly, then roll the filled side toward the center, tuck the “flap” under.
- May grill on a fry pan under a press if desired.
- Slice in 1/4 or 1/2 for small hands.
- Can secure with toothpicks or pretzel sticks.
You can easily use gluten free tortillas and use meat/dairy/eggless alternatives. We’re gf/ egg free/ dairy free and use a lot of our garden produce. So yummy! Experiment with your garden/CSA/farmer’s market produce for variety. Little ones enjoy layering the foods on the tortillas, the older will like to help chop the veggies. Perfect to use up bits of left overs!