This can be used at any time of your pregnancy when you need to relax, but is particularly good in the third trimester when you may want to avoid more active poses. It can also be done before bed to prepare for sleep.
- Turn on some relaxing music and/or dim the lights.
- Lie on your back on the floor.
- Put a pillow underneath the small of your back.
- Allow your legs and arms to rest comfortably on the floor.
- Cover yourself with a light blanket, if needed.
- Close your eyes.
- Take several deep breaths.
- Notice the rise and fall of your breathing. Notice your abdomen moving up and down.
- If you notice that you are distracted by busy thoughts, return your attention to your breathing.
Stay in this relaxed pose as long as you are comfortable. Even 10 minutes can be deeply relaxing.