Welcome to Frugality & Finances! We want to begin by saying that we truly understand that this is a very stressful time, with many of us very concerned and impassioned about financial issues in this unstable economy. In an effort to better clarify MDC’s Purpose in hosting this forum, we have composed some posting guidelines and reminders of the MDC Rules/User Agreement.
1. Frugality & Finances is not a support-only forum. Varying perspectives on financial issues are allowed. However, posts must remain respectful. The basic rule of internet discussions is "Debate the post, not the poster." We ask that you keep that in mind when posting.
2. Tribes and Daily/Monthly Challenge threads are (and will remain) support-only.
3. MDC members make many choices that could be considered frugal: breastfeeding, cloth diapering, green living, and food choices, for example. We do ask that threads of this nature–including threads about cooking, creating, making, and caring for these things– be posted in the forums that already exist for these topics. Threads belonging in other forums will be moved with a Reminder given (a notekeeping formality worth 0 points). Repeated off-topic threads will result in an Alert.
4. Please use caution with sarcasm. Sarcasm skirts that "making a personal effort to maintain a comfortable and respectful atmosphere for our guests and members" line and can throw a thread completely off course and into UAVland.
5. When you assert something as either fact or your opinion, some members will agree with you and some will not. An opinion different from your own is not in and of itself a violation of the UA. Personal disagreements need to be taken to private messages. Personal attacks need to be reported.
6. You are always more than welcome to ignore the opinions of those with whom you do not agree, and you are truly under no obligation to engage them in conversation. By utilizing MDC’s ignore feature, their posts will not display on your screen, nor will you receive PMs from them. Members can always be taken off of your ignore list; it doesn’t have to be permanent. Even just used as a stop-gap during a heated thread, the ignore feature could prove helpful for you.
7. Don’t forget our Copyright Rules
8. Solicitations, requests for items or money, and/or posts hinting for these things will be deleted and the member will be alerted. MANY of our members are struggling. In order to be fair to everyone, you must utilize the Trading Post’s ISO (In Search Of) Forum if you want something.
9. Donations of items can only be made at your own risk through the Private Message system. However, MDC’s Disclaimer states: Considering the real time nature of the board, it is impossible for us to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of all posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of MotheringDotCommunity or any entity associated with this discussion board.
Thanks to moderator fullofgrace for composing these Forum Guidelines for MDC.