Give our traditional fruit crisp recipe a try. Quick and easy, this is a great dish for summer barbeques and picnic desserts. Feel free to add ice cream or whipped cream.
2 cups blueberries
2 cups blackberries
2 cups raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a 9-inch pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, combine berries with sugar, flour and cinnamon. Place in the prepared pie plate. Set aside.
3. To prepare the topping, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Work in the butter. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
4. Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour.
5. Remove the crisp to a rack to cool slightly.
Photo credit: StephanieFrey/Bigstock