Thanks to Mothering member MrsKoehn for contributing this recipe.
Serves as many as you desire. Total prep time about 5-6 hours, though your work is about 20 min total.
- Meat to marinate – I do a whole value size pack of chicken or grilling meat at a time and either use in various recipes or freeze.
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing (for about 3 lbs chicken breasts)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Mix all ingredients (except meat) in a large bowl. If doing multiple types of meat, use separate bowls and marinate mixes.
- Add meat and coat well.
- Cover well and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight. I have even divided my meat up in Ziplock bags when I buy it and marinate it before I freeze it. That’s a lovely time saver if you know you’re going to be grilling soon.
- Fire up the grill to about medium temp (mine said 300 and was fine).
- Grill on both sides until meat juices run clear.
- Let set 5 min before slicing.
This is great in the above posted wraps, in fajitas, in chicken salad, on a sandwich, or just plain and cold from the fridge.