Thank you to Mothering member namontoya for contributing this recipe.
This is such an easy and delicious way to get some greens in at any meal. Yes, breakfast too!
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s a great way to get the little ones into greens.
They’re crunchy and crispy and the flavors of the olive oil, lemon and salt are irresistible even to little and young palates!
- 1-2 bunches of kale (depending on how much you want to end up with)
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 healthy pinch of sea salt or my new staple Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 1 t lemon zest (from an organic lemon), for garnish
- Turn the grill on and keep setting to low.
- Wash and dry the kale leaving the leaves and stems intact. Then drizzle with olive oil and turn to coat the leaves. You don’t want to use too much oil or the leaves will simply get limp.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper if using.
- Arrange the leaves to line up next to each other on the grill. After about 2-3 minutes, turn leaves over. You may need to do this a couple of times until you reach your desired level of crunchy to wilted ratio.
- When done (5-6 minutes, really), remove and place in a bowl. Garnish with lemon zest.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy all summer long!