Welcome to the Intactivism Forum!
Intactivism is genital integrity activism. It can take many forms including the following examples:
- Working to enact legislation to support parents who choose to not circumcise
- Educating mothers and mothers-to-be about circumcision and genital integrity
- Demonstrate against those who support routine infant circumcision
- Organizing letter writing campaigns and other forms of activism action to educate the general public
The purpose of the Intactivism forum is to provide a place for intactivists to work together to create positive change. Intactivists can support one another by sharing opportunities and brainstorming solutions. We seek to create a place where genital integrity advocates can critically and respectfully evaluate campaigns, studies and incidents while still upholding the spirit of Mothering. To that end, please keep the following in mind when posting:
- The User Agreement is in effect at all times.
- The purpose of this forum is not to criticize, judge or attack individuals. Name calling is never appropriate. Please stick to discussing the facts so as to refrain from making potentially defamatory statements or casting suspicion upon people.
- Personal situations that are not calls to action are best placed in the general TCAC forum and will be moved.
- When posting news articles, please focus on the incident rather on the individual.
- Additionally, please be sure to follow MDC’s copyright policy. Articles and other quoted material should be 100 words or less, and you may provide a link or source for the rest. Posting complete laws or press releases is fine. It is never appropriate to post private emails, messages or other communications without the express written permission of the author.
- Whenever possible, public action should be taken with the support and approval of the persons involved in the incident.
- The Intactivism forum is not intended to be a place where our members bash parents. It is understandable that intactivists become frustrated over the mainstream circumcising culture. Criticizing ideas, campaigns and actions that negatively impact genital integrity are all acceptable topics in this forum. Name calling, criticizing individuals or attacking parents or others are not.
Please PM a forum moderator or an administrator with any questions regarding the forum’s guidelines or purpose. Thank you for your commitment to supporting genital integrity!