For a quick, nutritious solution to your dinnertime dilemmas, try this vegetarian chili.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup millet
2 cups pinto beans
1 cup corn kernels
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onions, celery, carrot, bell pepper and garlic. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook vegetables for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to medium, and add chili pepper. Stir for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans, millet and corn.
- Return to a boil, and simmer until millet is tender.