This is a basic walk-through of the board features and where things are located to help you get acclimated, start reading and participating in discussions, and find a home here at Mothering.
- FORUM HOME
- NAVIGATING THE FORUMS
- FORUM TOOLS
- STARTING A NEW THREAD AND HOW TO POST
- RICH TEXT EDITOR
- BB CODE EDITOR
- CREATING A POLL
- THE NAV BAR
- WHAT’S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE?
In the right hand sidebar you will find some interesting information. First up, the Who’s Online module:
- The Forum “trail”: this shows the previous levels of forums. You can navigate back to the previous level by clicking on the name.
- The Forum Jump Menu: this drop down menu will let you pick another forum to jump to directly, without going back to the main page.
- Forum-Wide Filters: These will let you filter the posts in all forums by New posts, Hot threads, New Threads, Unanswered Threads and things you have posted.
If you wish to start a new thread in the forum, you would click the green “Start a New Thread” button (labeled above). You can jump to another page in that forum by using the Forum Page Navigation buttons.
Each of these sections has a drop down menu. Mouse over it and it will pop up:
As you can see, the left side of each drop down will take you to articles and content for the topics listed. The right side will take you to the Community discussion forum and reviews for the topics listed. Each drop down menu for each main topic contains many links to both content and discussions. Poke around! There is a lot of information here!
At the bottom of every page you will see this: