Natural Parenting Toolbox: Postpartum Depression Danger Signs
April 5, 2009
- Difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or getting out of bed.
- Frequent wakefulness due to vivid, frightening dreams.
- Loss of interest in food or extreme food cravings for high carbohydrate or high caffeine snacks
- Unusual weight loss of gain.
- Sustained interest in alcoholic beverages, sedatives or other medication.
- Feeling sluggish, slowed down, fidgety or agitated.
- Feeling exhausted and unable to complete routine tasks.
- Having accidents related to fatigue or inattention.
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, organizing or making choices.
- Lack of interest in or over concern for the baby.
- Loss of interest in or difficulty planning and implementing hobbies and pastimes that you once loved.
- Planning or attempting suicide or injury to oneself, the baby or other children.
- Feelings of hopelessness, anxiety, panic.
- Extreme mood swings.
- Social withdrawal.
- Uncontrollable crying.
- Thoughts or fantasies of death or of hurting oneself or the children.