Natural Parenting Toolbox: Questions to Ask Birth Attendants at Home
April 5, 2009
- What is your emergency procedure?
- Under what circumstances do you transport to the hospital?
- What hospital back-up or doctor back-up do you use or recommend?
- Are you trained in CPR?
- What emergency drugs do you have on hand, and for what purposes?
- What emergencies have you handled?
- What equipment and supplies do you bring to a birth?
- What is the procedure for checking progress during labor? blood pressure? fetal heart rate?
- Do you have preferences for position at birth?
- How do you feel about having older children attend the birth?
- Is a newborn exam done at birth? What does it consist of?
- How long after the birth do you remain with the mother and child?
- How often do you follow up to check on mother and child?