There are as many reasons to choose natural family planning as there are women in the world, but here are a few of the most compelling:
- You are opposed to artificial birth control for religious reasons
- You are opposed to hormonal birth control for personal health reasons
- You are concerned about the environmental impact of waste and hormones from artificial birth control
- You don’t want to take hormonal birth control while breastfeeding
- You are concerned about the potential abortifacient effect of some birth control methods
- You don’t like the way you feel when on hormonal birth control (i.e. lower sex drive)
- You are concerned about the monetary cost of artificial birth control
Related Wiki Resources:
Types of Natural Family Planning – It’s not just the rhythm method. They’ve got this down to a science with options galore!
NFP or FAM Methods While Breastfeeding – You have options in the postpartum period while your fertility is returning!
Resources For Learning About Fertility Cycles – Find books to read or websites to visit, find an instructor, post your chart online, and learn about how your diet affects your fertility.
Fertility Awareness Method – A quick-start guide to the Fertility Awareness, a version of the Sympto-Thermal Method taught by Toni Weschler in her book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
Common Abbreviations for Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness – BBT, EWCM, TCOYF, and more! Learn what all these crazy acronyms mean here.