Thank you to Mothering member fayebond for contributing this recipe.
Get on a healthy roll, with BLT sushi rolls. Call it Asian fusion – an American favorite paired with Asian tradition. I love to make sushi, it’s easy to make a healthy meal using leftovers.
- 1 sheet seaweed / nori
- 1 cup leftover brown rice (any kind will do)
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked
- 1/3 tomato, sliced thin
- 1-2 tbsps wasabi mustard
- 1/3 cup daikon sprouts
- 1/4 an avocado, sliced thin
- 1 kale leaf, rough chopped
- Working on a sheet of plastic wrap, get your hands damp with water and gently distribute the rice over the bottom 3/4 of the nori.
- Line up your ingredients on the non-rice part of the nori. Stack them neatly on top of one another.
- Roll the un-riced part of the nori over the ingredients, taking care to keep it tight and contained.
- When the nori has encased all of the ingredients, use the plastic to help you continue rolling until all the rice is encased in what looks like a seaweed pipe.
- Lay the plastic over the roll and with a sharp knife that has been dipped in water, slice the roll into 8 equal segments. It helps to clean the knife between cuttings.
- Remove the plastic and serve.