Let Mothering and Boba Pamper You This Mother’s Day!
Sponsored by Boba and Mothering (“Sponsors”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry deadline is May 10, 2013.
1. Eligibility: The “Let Mothering and Boba Pamper You This Mother’s Day!” Contest sponsored By Boba (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and Canada, aged eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access. Employees of Mothering.com, Mothering.com’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulﬁllment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Mothering.com and Huddler, Inc. through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest Period and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. To Enter: You enter the Contest in the following way:
a. Write a paragraph on why you love being a Mothering community member. What does Mothering mean to you, what do you cherish the most about Mothering, why do you enjoy spending time on the forums and how do you benefit from being a member? It can be as simple as a sentence or as complex as a whole story.
b. In your entry post, submit a photo of your family with the word “Mothering” placed in the picture in some way. For example, it may be a printed out logo, each member of your family holding letters, crafted out of something you have in your household, written in sand on a beach, or in chalk on a sidewalk,.etc. Make it creative and unique!
No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
There is no limit on the number of entries per entrant during the entry period. You will receive one entry per card, and may submit as many mail-in entries as you wish.
3. Winner: All entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be reviewed and judged by the Mothering editorial team. Community votes for entries will also be used to help determine the best entry. Winner will be determined and announced April The winner will be notified by e-mail.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded are as follows:
From Boba: one Boba Air, one Boba 3G and one Boba Wrap
From Mothering: a “pamper yourself package” worth $300 that will include a dinner for two and a spa package in the area where the winner lives.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the quality of the entries. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsors for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded: Approximately $528.00 (U.S.).
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of the prize drawing. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by Sponsors, Boba, which are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
By entering the Contest, You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsors, Mothering, Huddler.com and their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsors’ control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final.
In no event will Sponsors, MOTHERING, or Huddler.com be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Contest, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsors HAVE been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and/or] winning any prize, [entrant/winner] consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant/winner for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsors’ newsletters, the Sweepstakes website at [Mothering.com] and Sponsors’ homepages at [Bobafamily.com] without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes are compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. The Sweepstakes are subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws.
ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, any prizes awarded or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, [without resort to any form of class action], and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, in Santa Clara County, California. Further, in any such dispute, claim or cause of action, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email message to Jennifer@Mothering.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and Contest name specified in the body of the e-mail.