Round up a group of kids for this fun, easy Valentine’s Day recipe—it’s designed to introduce them to cooking by engaging them in age-appropriate tasks, and yields a yummy finished product. Ask for a volunteer for each of the following tasks:
- Butter Bambino measures 3 ounces butter.
- Sugar Sweetie scoops and pours 3/4 cup sugar.
- Flour Kid scoops and pours 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- Cocoa Cutie scoops and pours 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Crack Up cracks one egg.
- Water Wonder measures 8 tablespoons of water.
Stir and knead all ingredients together until well blended and the consistency of stiff dough. Give each child a ball of dough, and have the children roll the balls into “snakes.” They can then form the snakes into pretzel shapes, or any shape they want–including hearts!
Place on lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
When cool, coat with frosting or dip in sweet yogurt frosting or melted chocolate and add Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
So much fun!!