Round up a group of toddlers for this fun, easy recipe—it’s geared to introduce them to cooking by engaging them in age-appropriate tasks, and yields a yummy finished product. Ask for a volunteer for each of the following tasks:
- Butter Bambino measures 2 3/4 ounces butter.
- Sugar Sweetie scoops and pours 1/2 cup sugar.
- Flour Girl scoops and pours 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- Cocoa Cutie scoops and pours 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Crack Up cracks one egg.
- Water Wonder measures 4 tablespoons of water.
Stir and knead all ingredients together. Give each child a ball of dough, and have children roll the balls into “snakes.” They can then form the snakes into pretzel shapes, or any shape they want.
Optional for Valentine’s Day: add frosting and pretty sprinkles!
Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.