Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a Guide to Four Great...
Edited on 6/17/13
- Labor Skills for Life's Tough MomentsEdited on 4/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingEdited on 4/15/13
- Three 5-Minute Fixes for Holiday Stress
- topicBody And Soul
Alphabetical Article List
A Room Of Your Own
In a way, meditation is like having a room of your own. It’s a way to focus on your inner world and let the outer world go by. The focused calm that you gain through meditation can help you to handle the physical changes of pregnancy, the powerful experience of labor and birth, and the demanding early time with your new baby.
Like many people with busy schedules, you may have difficulty finding the time to meditate. Designate a special place for meditation that’s uncluttered and quiet - a place where you can sit comfortably with your back straight. Choose a specific time of day to meditate. If you’re a morning person, you may prefer to meditate upon rising; night owls may prefer to meditate after dinner.
Begin your meditation by closing your eyes and taking a deep breath. Imagine that your breath is pouring in from the top of your head and flooding your body. Pay attention to each inhale and exhale of your breathing and try to extend your exhale longer and longer. Disregard intruding thoughts and return to your breathing.
In the beginning, meditate for a short time, perhaps 10 minutes. As you become more accustomed to the practice, increase your sessions to 20 minutes, then 30.
If you’d like, light a candle or a stick of incense as a small ritual to prepare for your meditation. Put it out after you finish.
Prevent distractions while you meditate - take the phone off the hook and don’t answer the doorbell. Take this time for yourself in “a room of your own.”
- Labor Skills for Life's Tough Moments
- › Are there Christians on this DDC or any interested persons in... 14 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 34 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Pro-vax trolls are impersonating disease-injured families on... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Birth Plans- share yours here 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 9.0 (enrolling through... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Mother blessing 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for June 15th-21st~ 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama