Vegan Ice Cream
Edited on 8/24/12
- Cookie Cutter CookiesEdited on 11/19/12
- Really Raw Fruit CakeEdited on 11/19/12
- Coconut Sweet Potato Pie
Alphabetical Article List
By Cathe Olson
This dessert can be made with or without dairy products. Either way, it's delicious and good for you.
1/2 cup almonds
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt (omit if using salted butter)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, cut into small pieces
1 egg or equivalent egg replacer
1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1 to 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375º.
Oil baking sheet.
Grind almonds and oats to coarse meal in food processor or blender.
Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.
In mixing bowl or food processor, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
In separate bowl, beat egg, milk, and sweetener together.
Add to flour mixture.
Stir gently just until mixed.
Scoop out 1/4 cup balls of dough (I use an ice cream scoop) and place on prepared baking sheet.
Flatten slightly to about 1-inch high.
Bake 15 minutes, or until edges and bottoms are golden.
When ready to serve, split biscuits in half horizontally.
Place one half on plate.
Cover with fruit and then a layer of Creamy Topping. You can locate the recipe for that here http://mothering.com/drupal_snapshot/recipes/almond-shortcake
Place other biscuit half on top.
Add a little more Creamy Topping and fruit.
- Cookie Cutter Cookies
- › Toddler screaming in a store - what do you do? 2 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Dinner Disaster.... 5 minutes ago
- › Items in hospital bag...is this too much? 5 minutes ago
- › He's here! 7 minutes ago
- › I am only five days past my due date. I would really like to... 8 minutes ago
- › Evaluating a Raw Milk Dairy 8 minutes ago
- › Changing routine to preserve the last nap? 8 minutes ago
- › What are you craving? 11 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11