Labor Skills for Life's Tough Moments
Edited on 4/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingEdited on 4/15/13
- Three 5-Minute Fixes for Holiday StressEdited on 11/28/12
- Can You Still Do Yoga Now That You Have Kids?
- topicBody And Soul
Alphabetical Article List
Beat The Blues
If you’re feeling depressed, take a look at your life and don't be afraid to make changes to routines.
Your diet can be a big factor, make sure you’re getting enough B vitamins, calcium and magnesium. Vitamin C, D, and zinc are also important. Pure, toxin-free fish oil can help keep your spirits up as well.
Have a cup of lemon balm tea with honey and a slice of fresh lemon in the morning upon arising.
After you dress, put some essential oil on your hair or the collar of your shirt. Choose rose, ylang ylang, jasmine or neroli.
As you prepare lunch, sip a soothing “cocktail” of flower remedies. Drop 2 to 4 drops each of walnut, willow or cherry plum.
Find something you love, and do it: whether it's reading, taking photos, learning something new, or just getting out of the house. Know that taking time to remember who you are is an important part of staying healthy for your kids. Everyone will be better off for it. It is not selfish, it is essential.
For some moms it helps to write your experiences down. Try keeping a journal, starting a blog, or writing essays about your experiences and sharing them with others.Writing what you feel can help emotions make more sense, and bring fears and sadness into the open to be dealt with.
Most importantly, don't forget that you are not alone. There are many moms going through what you are experiencing. Find them, seek them out online or in your community, and tell them your story. Making connections will keep you strong. Mothering's Community, MDC, is a great place to start,
- 5 Elements for Healthy Living
- › Pregnant and extremely nervous 3 minutes ago
- › Teeth 4 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 12 minutes ago
- › I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to... 18 minutes ago
- › Postpartum contraception needs? 22 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 22 minutes ago
- › It looks like im not having a Home Birth this time around 24 minutes ago
- › Do things have to be even between siblings? 24 minutes ago
- › Prenatal Vit. if you are not pregnant? 27 minutes ago
- › (yet another) Moving to Syracuse (post) 33 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo