Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a Guide to Four Great...
Edited on 6/17/13
- Labor Skills for Life's Tough MomentsEdited on 4/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingEdited on 4/15/13
- Three 5-Minute Fixes for Holiday Stress
- topicBody And Soul
Alphabetical Article List
Beat The Blues
If you’re feeling depressed, take a look at your life and don't be afraid to make changes to routines.
Your diet can be a big factor, make sure you’re getting enough B vitamins, calcium and magnesium. Vitamin C, D, and zinc are also important. Pure, toxin-free fish oil can help keep your spirits up as well.
Have a cup of lemon balm tea with honey and a slice of fresh lemon in the morning upon arising.
After you dress, put some essential oil on your hair or the collar of your shirt. Choose rose, ylang ylang, jasmine or neroli.
As you prepare lunch, sip a soothing “cocktail” of flower remedies. Drop 2 to 4 drops each of walnut, willow or cherry plum.
Find something you love, and do it: whether it's reading, taking photos, learning something new, or just getting out of the house. Know that taking time to remember who you are is an important part of staying healthy for your kids. Everyone will be better off for it. It is not selfish, it is essential.
For some moms it helps to write your experiences down. Try keeping a journal, starting a blog, or writing essays about your experiences and sharing them with others.Writing what you feel can help emotions make more sense, and bring fears and sadness into the open to be dealt with.
Most importantly, don't forget that you are not alone. There are many moms going through what you are experiencing. Find them, seek them out online or in your community, and tell them your story. Making connections will keep you strong. Mothering's Community, MDC, is a great place to start,
- Labor Skills for Life's Tough Moments
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 2 minutes ago
- › Terrified. I might be out... 6 minutes ago
- › Distorted sense of taste and smell 8 minutes ago
- › Realizing I don't feel very confident/equipped about birth. 14 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 19 minutes ago
- › Literature on Treating Diseases that have Vaccines 21 minutes ago
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 22 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with me?! 23 minutes ago
- › How does a single parent explain a willfully absent parent to her... 27 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 28 minutes ago
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama