Welcome to Mothering's 1st Annual "Blog about Breastfeeding" Event to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week Aug 1st-7th!
This event has ended--you can find a list of all participating blog posts and winners right here. Thanks for taking part everyone!
Support breastfeeding by posting your nursing story during World Breastfeeding Week and we'll share your blog post PLUS you'll be entered to win some awesome prizes from Baby K'Tan Carriers, Moon Rabbit Teas and Barefoot Books! All of the details can be found below.
What is the "Blog about Breastfeeding" Event?
Breastfeeding may be the most natural thing in the world, but it's also full of ups and downs. It takes a lot of courage to tell your breastfeeding story, but at Mothering we know how important it is for moms to hear each other's triumphs, difficulties, solutions and support. We want to make sharing your nursing tale a little easier during World Breastfeeding Week this year by giving your blog posts about breastfeeding a special shout out right here on Mothering!
How Do I Take Part?
It's simple: just follow these steps and we'll list your blog right here on this page. Scroll down to see the full list of blog posts created as part of this event!
1. Write about Breastfeeding. Create a new blog post about breastfeeding any time between July 29th and Aug 7th on your own blog or, if you don't have a blog, post your story in this Mothering thread.Tell your own personal story, share your thoughts about nursing, post some tips, a pic or offer some humor--whatever works for you. Make sure you include a mention that you're taking part in Mothering's "Blog about Breastfeeding" event (with a link back to this page) at the top of your post so everyone can read each other's work!
2. Tell Us About Your Post. Leave a comment below with a link to your blog post and we'll list your post right here on Mothering. Leaving a comment will also automatically enter you into our random drawing for all of the great prizes shown below!! If you posted in the Mothering thread please also post a comment here to enter to win prizes.
3. Share the Event with Friends! Share this post with other parents and then post a second comment telling us that you did. This will enter you a second time into the giveaway. If you are not taking part by sharing your breastfeeding story you can still enter the giveaway by sharing this page with friends and leaving a comment to enter.
4. You're Done! We'll now link back to your blog post right here on this page! We'll be promoting this page to our huge community all week long and also randomly drawing several blog posts to be shared directly on our Facebook page, so keep checking back to read some inspiring breastfeeding stories!
What Can I Win?
9 winners will be randomly chosen from the comments on this page to receive one of these great prizes on August 8th at 3pm PT! Find out how to enter below.
1 of 5 Baby K'Tan Carriers!
Baby K'Tan Carriers are:
- Easy to wear since no wrapping or buckling is required
- Comfortable and safe for newborns up to 35 pounds!
- Great for breastfeeding
- 100% Cotton
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is an innovative soft cotton baby carrier that is an ideal blend of a sling, wrap and carrier, providing the positions and benefits of all three. There is no other carrier available like it. It is a ready-to-wear wrap that enables parents & caregivers to comfortably carry infants and toddlers (from birth to 3 years) in multiple positions.
1 of 3 Bags of Organic Moon Rabbit Teas!
Winners will be able to choose a package of Moon Rabbit's organic pregnancy tea or their organic lactation tea! Created by a work at home mom in Colorado, these delightful teas adhere to thoughtful, healthy and well-researched recipes. Find out more on their website.
A Prize Package from Barefoot Books!
At Mothering, we love the gorgeous and well-crafted stories from Barefoot Books. They have generously donated a prize package of 5 delightful books for one "Blog about Breastfeeding" Event winner.
And we're especially excited that one of the books included in the package lovingly depicts breastfeeding!! We're thrilled to see Barefoot Books taking this step with their new book Ruby's Baby Brother when so few children's books have "dared" to go there. Get your copy here.
Ruby’s mom is having a baby, but Ruby is not very happy about it. She knows that babies are smelly and noisy, and she is sure that he will steal all her toys. When baby Leon comes along, will she change her mind about having a baby brother? A perfect story for youngsters with new siblings on the way or having recently arrived. Rhythmic rhyming text and bright, quirky illustrations lead young readers through Ruby’s imaginative journey. Written by Kathryn White and illustrated by Miriam Latimer.
In addition to Ruby's Baby Brother, the winner of the Barefoot Books package will also receive these books:
The roundup of breastfeeding blog posts created as part of this event have been moved to this page. Check them out!!
Find more stories in the Mothering community thread for this event.
Giveaway Rules: Two entries per person, one for posting a link to your blog posts (or story in the Mothering community) and one for sharing this page with friends. One entry for just sharing this page with friends is allowed. If you write multiple blog posts as part of this event you may leave a separate comment for each and and will be entered to win each time (up to 3). All entries from 5 PM PT on July 29th through Aug 7th at 11:59 PT will be counted. Only US and Canadian residents can enter to win prizes. Entries from other locations will still have their blog posts shared on this page but will not be eligible to win. Please read the official rules before participating.
Important: To post a comment you need to be a logged-in member of Mothering. You can easily become one right here. It only takes a minute. We offer easy Facebook Connect and new account registration. If you have issues posting below to share a blog post you have written please contact email@example.com.