Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Vaccination Forum GuidelinesEdited on 12/11/12
- Intactivism Forum GuidelinesEdited on 3/19/11
- Co Op Organizer Guidelines Requirements And ApplicationEdited on 6/1/11
- Discussing Facebook Myspace Linkedin And Other Social Networking...Edited on 2/15/11 More ›
- topicMothering Guidelines
Alphabetical Article List
Book Club Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the Book Club Forum!
What is a book club?
A book club is a group of members who commit to meet for a time to either discuss one particular book, or to discuss a specialized interest or genre.
Who can run a book club?
Any member willing to commit to facilitating discussion. Please note that MDC book clubs are open to all members. Expect a lively discussion with some friendly debate (within the User Agreement, of course)!
How do I start a book club?
Simply start a thread here with information on your book club. Include the book title and author, a brief description, and a tentative plan for how you'll discuss your book.
What's the difference between a book club thread and a regular book thread?
Threads that are just saying "Hey, did anyone else read this?' or "What do you think" belong out in the regular forum. Book Club threads are for focused discussion of a book, author, genre, or topic of interest over time.
What else might be in this forum?
Every now and then, we may ask that a thread that is focused on a "hot" book or new release might be moved here, out of concern for spoilers. For example, the final Harry Potter book.
Are there any additional rules for this forum?
We ask that you please
~ not have spoilers in titles.
~ keep in mind MDC's stance on adult content.
~ always include the book title in your thread title, should your discussion venture into more than one thread.
~ on "chapter threads," please do not include spoilers for future chapters.
~ use spoiler tags when indicated:
Thanks to moderator annettemarie for composing these Forum Guidelines!
- Vaccination Forum Guidelines
- › Is Montessori worth it in this situation? 1 minute ago
- › Can anyone recc a good pedi/family Dr in Coeur D Alene area? 3 minutes ago
- › To Homeschool or Not to Homeschool? 9 minutes ago
- › Big brother or sister gifts? 16 minutes ago
- › How do I get my friend to discourage her kid's aggression? 20 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 23 minutes ago
- › TMI Nipple Question 26 minutes ago
- › DH wants to send DSS to live with his mom :( 29 minutes ago
- › Life w/PMDD/Severe PMS Support... 30 minutes ago
- › 2 week old with nasal issues... Could this be reflux? 45 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo