Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Vaccination Forum GuidelinesEdited on 5/21/13
- Intactivism Forum GuidelinesEdited on 3/19/11
- Co Op Organizer Guidelines Requirements And ApplicationEdited on 6/1/11
- Discussing Facebook Myspace Linkedin And Other Social Networking...Edited on 2/15/11 More ›
- topicMothering Guidelines
Alphabetical Article List
Book Club Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the Book Club Forum!
What is a book club?
A book club is a group of members who commit to meet for a time to either discuss one particular book, or to discuss a specialized interest or genre.
Who can run a book club?
Any member willing to commit to facilitating discussion. Please note that MDC book clubs are open to all members. Expect a lively discussion with some friendly debate (within the User Agreement, of course)!
How do I start a book club?
Simply start a thread here with information on your book club. Include the book title and author, a brief description, and a tentative plan for how you'll discuss your book.
What's the difference between a book club thread and a regular book thread?
Threads that are just saying "Hey, did anyone else read this?' or "What do you think" belong out in the regular forum. Book Club threads are for focused discussion of a book, author, genre, or topic of interest over time.
What else might be in this forum?
Every now and then, we may ask that a thread that is focused on a "hot" book or new release might be moved here, out of concern for spoilers. For example, the final Harry Potter book.
Are there any additional rules for this forum?
We ask that you please
~ not have spoilers in titles.
~ keep in mind MDC's stance on adult content.
~ always include the book title in your thread title, should your discussion venture into more than one thread.
~ on "chapter threads," please do not include spoilers for future chapters.
~ use spoiler tags when indicated:
Thanks to moderator annettemarie for composing these Forum Guidelines!
- Vaccination Forum Guidelines
- › Hot all the time!!! Any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › IPV and varicella - skip the last dose? 1 minute ago
- › Spotting and really scared 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 5 minutes ago
- › Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 6 minutes ago
- › When your difficult child wears you out 6 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 6 minutes ago
- › GBS 11 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 20 minutes ago
- › I need a pep talk 27 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Amy Lansky
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama