Thank you to Mothering member zimsmom for sharing this recipe.
This is one of those dishes that hits the spot every time and it tastes even better the next day!
- 4 chicken legs (drum and thigh)
- 1 large can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sauté the onions in a 12" pan that has a lid.
- When the onions are soft, add the chicken.
- Brown chicken on a medium high heat.
- When both sides are a light brown, add the canned tomatoes, raisins and curry.
- Cover and simmer for an hour or longer, until chicken pulls easily from the bone.
- Adjust the curry, add salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and a side salad for a delicious meal.