Thanks to Mothering member MrsKoehn for contributing this recipe.
- 4 Burrito size tortillas, sprouted or flour
- 2-4 tsp Chipotle mayo
- 2-4 tsp Ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 free range chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 4 strips nitrate free bacon, cooked
- 8 long leaves Romaine lettuce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced the long way
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Opt. Fresh jalapeno, sliced the long way
- About 1 oz shredded cheese
- Warm tortillas, slice chicken and veggies.
- Spread 1/2-1 tsp each sauce 3/4 of the way down the center and one side of each tortilla.
- Layer chicken, bacon, and veggies in order listed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheese.
- Fold the bottom up snugly, then roll the filled side toward the center, tuck the "flap" under.
- May grill on a fry pan under a press if desired.
- Slice in 1/4 or 1/2 for small hands.
- Can secure with toothpicks or pretzel sticks.
You can easily use gluten free tortillas and use meat/dairy/eggless alternatives. We're gf/ egg free/ dairy free and use a lot of our garden produce. So yummy! Experiment with your garden/CSA/farmer's market produce for variety. Little ones enjoy layering the foods on the tortillas, the older will like to help chop the veggies. Perfect to use up bits of left overs and not heat up the summer kitchen!