Related Forum Threads
- Overweight children - is it parental neglect? Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Parenting
- Stroller Strides/Body Back classes Last post on 5/23/13 at 2:08pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- What is your favorite free exercise to do at home? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:16pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- My skin itches when I runs Last post on 5/6/13 at 7:54am in Fitness and Weight Management
- It Works! Wraps for weight loss? Last post on 5/11/13 at 5:31pm in Fitness and Weight Management
5 Elements for Healthy Living
Edited on 4/15/13
- Sitting or Squatting: What's Really Best in the Bathroom?Edited on 4/11/13
- How volunteers are helping to reduce child malnutrition in southern...Edited on 12/27/12
- In southern Yemen, the IRC helps rebuild a health clinic amid...Edited on 12/21/12
- Tiny Cold, Big Solution: How Homeopathy Can Help During Cold SeasonEdited on 10/25/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
DingosPosted 11/12/10 • Last updated 06/27/11 • 172 views • 3 comments
Dingo n. An MDC mama (or soon-to-be mama, or mama in her heart) with the desire to move forward at a run or walk. She supports her fellow dingo in each dingo's quest to find balance and reason in her life.
Requirements to become a dingo: Posting on this thread goals for the day, week, month, year, or decade. OK if starting couch to 5k or running an ultra marathon.
Identifying features of a dingo: Posts often here, facebook, daily mile. Starts to get antsy during extended time off for injury or sickness. Found on the road, on the dreadmill, in the pool, or on a bike.
So first there was this post (see last sentence).
Then Kerc started this thread (check the title), and Geo joined by changing her location, and the rest of us, on down the page.
A few posts later Naughty Dingo herself gave us an explanation of her user name.
And it's stuck ever since. So we've been Dingos since 2005, and many of us together as a running group since early 2004. Wow.
We have had a few significant events -- some losses that we've felt collectively and a few fabulous things to celebrate. Mostly we're a middle of the road kind of crowd. We aren't into drama, unless we can't help it. We annually devote a run in late September to honor the babies we've lost. Some of us remember this run as the Griffin Patrick memorial run, named after Patti Ann's little boy, born still in Sept 2005.
Dingos are anyone daring enough to post on the thread. We won't let you leave. We prefer members have an inkling of a desire for forward motion. That includes walking, alternating walking and jogging, riding bikes, skiing, swimming, anything that incorporates some fitness into daily life with the ultimate goal of managing the craziness that is daily life.
There is no speed or distance "requirement" to be a dingo.
No one dingo is expected to read every single post. We are, after all, mostly human.
In the great debate of 2009, the Dingos agreed to disagree on the spelling. Some think the odd appearance of 'dingoes' is more correct than 'dingos.' The rest realize that 'dingos' is the only true way to spell it.
- Sitting or Squatting: What's Really Best in the Bathroom?
- › Uterine Polyps 1 minute ago
- › Who is packing? 2 minutes ago
- › Maternity photos!! 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for.... 7 minutes ago
- › Pregnant and extremely nervous 9 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 9.0 (enrolling through... 11 minutes ago
- › Do things have to be even between siblings? 13 minutes ago
- › Possible move to Seattle... 17 minutes ago
- › Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old 21 minutes ago
- › vaccine research 25 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo