Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Vaccination Forum GuidelinesEdited on Yesterday
- Intactivism Forum GuidelinesEdited on 3/19/11
- Co Op Organizer Guidelines Requirements And Application
- topicMothering Guidelines
Alphabetical Article List
Discussing Facebook Myspace Linkedin And Other Social Networking Sites On MdcBy: fullofgracePosted 02/15/11 • Last updated 02/15/11 • 213 views
Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and other Social Networking Sites
Written by annettemarie on June 4, 2010 --
Greetings all! We seem to have a plethora of Facebook-related posts lately. As social networking expands and grows, so too must MDC's User Agreement adapt to keep up with it all. Right now, the User Agreement states:Quote:
Do not post to invite MDC members to other communities, blogs or message boards for adversarial purposes or link to discussion about MDC at another site. Do not negatively discuss other communities or discussions elsewhere (this includes blog comments), regardless of whether or not you link to that discussion or community. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities.
as well asQuote:
Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack or in any way which violates the law.
We don't wish to host any threads that could lead to "board wars" or other types of trolling, nor can we host potentially defamatory or libelous statements.
To that end, we have the following guidelines when it comes to social networking sites, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc.:
1. Threads that ask "who are you on Facebook" or link to your own profile are fine.
2. Talking about Facebook and other social networking sites in a very general way-- discussing how to use features or general etiquette situations such as what to do if your MIL wants to friend you-- are also fine.
3. Linking to someone else's personal Facebook-- never fine. Linking to fan pages or groups is fine, as long as the group is in line with MDC's Statement of Purpose and you are not linking for adversarial purposes.
4. Discussing specific social network drama or anyone or anything at a social network in a focused negative way is also not fine, as it violates MDC's rules about negatively discussing other communities and/or creates issues with potentially defamatory statements.
As moderators, we all seek to apply the User Agreement evenly. You can help by using these guidelines when making posts about Facebook and other social networking sites. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM an administrator or moderator or start a thread in the Questions and Suggestions forum.
- Vaccination Forum Guidelines
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 11 minutes ago
- › Orthokeratology for Children 16 minutes ago
- › I just got a call from my day care provider 16 minutes ago
- › "A Nation of Wimps" 18 minutes ago
- › Need car seat for tall 4 year old 20 minutes ago
- › Stressed about Nursing Strike 21 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas TTC May 21 minutes ago
- › How do I take care of these? (Wool covers) 24 minutes ago
- › Fixing the world, one "mixed' baby at a time 25 minutes ago
- › SC - North Charleston/Moncks Corner Area Birth Options 26 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo