This is a great facial that leaves your skin feeling like silk. It also uses many things that you're likely to have in your own kitchen. Purchase some powdered cosmetic clay to use in this recipe. You can find it in the personal care section of your local natural grocery store or health food store.
Clean your skin well with a non-soap facial cleanser and warm water. Use a clean washcloth. After cleaning, rinse with cool water. Dry your skin.
Boil a deep pot of water on the stove. When it comes to a boil, remove it to a table and set it on a hot pad. Add 1 or 2 drops of lavender essential oil or rose oil or throw in a bunch of dried rose petals. You can also leave the water unscented. Let the water cool a bit so that it is tolerable, but don't let it get too cool. When it is comfortable for you, lean your face over the pot on the table. Hold a large towel over your head and get yourself situated in your very own, hand-held spa. Hold your face over the water with the towel over your head as long as it is comfortable. You will love the warmth and moisture on your face. You can take a break from the steam and come back to try it a couple of more times. When you've had enough, dry your face with a clean towel.
Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of clay (French green, red, or white cosmetic clay) with enough water to make a paste. Alternately, mix the clay with the white of an egg to make the paste. Thin the clay mixture with water as necessary.
Apply the clay and egg white paste, or clay and water paste to your clean skin. Sit comfortably with your feet up for at least 10 minutes. Sip a cool glass of water with lemon. When the mask feels dry and uncomfortable, rinse it off with a warm washcloth. Again, rinse finally with cool water.
Make a mixture of plain yogurt and honey. Apply to your face. You can also put it in your hair. Allow it to stay on your skin for about 10 to 20 minutes. Wash off with a warm washcloth and follow with a cool rinse. Pat your skin dry and feel the smoothness of your face.
Currently, there are 1093 Active Users (15 Members and 1078 Guests)
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Life after quitting antidepressants- how has it been for you? 25 minutes ago
- › February chat thread 42 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 44 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 45 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 48 minutes ago
- › Tub experiences 50 minutes ago
- › Attempted UC one year later 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Need some advice about strabismus/amblyopia & eye muscle surgery --... 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Eating and guilt/worry 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea