Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Wiki GuidelinesEdited on 1/10/11
- Copyright ConcernsEdited on 3/29/13
- User Agreement
Alphabetical Article List
Fertility Forum Thread Placement
The Fertility Forum has several sub forums, which help get your questions answered and help us keep track of what is going on in here. Proper placement of threads within the appropriate subforum ensures that you get the right answers, so here is some guidance on what belongs where! :)
Trying to avoid getting pregnant, birth control options, child spacing - those threads should go here.
Trying To Conceive:
TTC, gearing up to TTC, questions about timing, the HPT you just took, TCOYF, charts, cervical fluid, temps, etc. - your thread should go here.
Primary or secondary, undergoing treatment, looking for natural alternatives - your thread should go here.
The main Fertility forum is for general questions about your cycle, your reproductive health, return of fertility after giving birth, etc.
If you place your question in the correct subforum, your questions are more likely to be answered and quickly. Please keep in mind that since each forum has a slightly different focus, crossposting between different areas of the Fertility forum is almost never warranted.
Also, please note that the following disclaimer applies to all sections of the Fertility forum:The opinions offered at Mothering.com and MotheringDotCommunity are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking care because of something you have read here.
At Mothering, we focus on topics from a natural point of view. We recognize parents as experts and seek to provide truly helpful information upon which parents can make informed choices. Our discussions on the boards are about the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support and information.
Requests for Heath Information
Discussion should focus on requests for information, personal experience and support rather than requests for a diagnosis, prognosis or personalized treatment plan that could be construed as medical advice.
Responses to Health Questions
In an effort to avoid giving the appearance of offering medical advice, we ask that members attempt to respond to health-related questions with general information regarding conditions, alternative approaches and/or evidence-based research rather than offering specific personal instruction. Members are welcome to share their personal experiences and opinions, but please avoid telling others what they “should” do in their unique situation. Trust members to make their own personal healthcare decisions, in conjunction with a trained care provider as necessary.
Phrases like in my experience, you might consider, many find, research shows, studies find, some find xyz successful/helpful, you could try, etc. are all helpful ways to provide information and express personal opinion rather than personalized instruction.Quote:
Providing information: You might consider applying ______ or offering______, many parents find that _____works well for _____ and here is how I personally determine if one needs medical attention (provide information or link).
Providing medical advice: You should immediately administer _____ or you have xyz condition and should start taking _______.__________________
- Wiki Guidelines
- › Carrier addiction- fun thread! 9 seconds ago
- › Can you remove your IUD at home? YES! You can! 40 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 40 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 44 minutes ago
- › 52 Project Challenge, 2013 47 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Introductions! 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Insurance for Exising Pregnancy 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf