7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom
Edited on 5/28/13
- Mothering's Holiday Food GuideEdited on 12/12/12
- Cranberry ChutneyEdited on 11/22/11
- Raw Energy Bars
Alphabetical Article List
Focus on Fish Oil: Fun Recipes for Working Omega-3s Into Your Child's Diet
As parents, we know it's not always easy to get our kids to take healthy supplements. Fish oil supplementation, for instance, is a wonderful way to work omega-3s and other essential nutrients into our child's diet, but the taste and texture can be unfamiliar to little ones.
For this exact reason, Carlson has developed a whole line of high quality fish oils that taste great! Combining the finest and safest ingredients, Carlson for Kids® fish oils provide all the benefits we love in flavors kids won't shy away from.
Here are two fun ways to work these important supplements into your child's diet. And don't think they're just for kids, these recipes are perfect for parents too, especially pregnant or nursing moms!
Carlson for Kids® Lemon, Garlic, and Herb Popcorn
Nutritional Benefits: Carlson for Kids® The Very Finest Fish Oil comes from cold-water fish found in deep Norwegian waters and contains 800 mg of omega-3's in each 1/2 teaspoonful.
6 cups of popped hot air popcorn
1 Tbsp. of Carlson for Kids® The Very Finest Fish Oil, Lemon Flavor
2 Tbsp. of melted butter
"Garlic 'n Herb" Seasoning by Frontier Natural Products, to taste
Pour Carlson The Very Finest Fish Oil and melted butter over popcorn. Gently toss. Sprinkle with "Garlic 'n Herb" seasoning. Gently toss and enjoy with the kids.
Carlson for Kids® Fruit Sundae
Nutritional Benefits: Carlson for Kids® Norwegian Cod Liver Oil is is a natural source of important vitamins A & D and is rich in DHA and EPA, omega-3's important for healthy brain development and vision in growing children.
1/4 of a seedless watermelon
1/2 pint of blueberries
1 small kiwi, divided
1 small banana, sliced in half lengthwise
1/4 cup (heaping) of Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. of granola
3 raspberries, optional
1/2 tsp. - 1/2 Tbsp.* of Carlson for Kids® Cod Liver Oil, Bubble Gum Flavor
1. Moms: Using an ice cream scoop, create 3 large "scoops" of watermelon. Set aside. Cut kiwi in half. Slice one half into half moon slices. Dice the other half into bite-size chunks.
2. Kids: Mix the diced kiwi with the blueberries! Line the base and sides of a long dish with the kiwi slices. Pour in the diced kiwi/blueberry mixture.
3. Moms: Scoop the Greek yogurt into a small bowl.
4. Kids: With your mom's help, measure the Carlson for Kids® Cod Liver Oil, bubble gum flavor and stir into the yogurt.
5. Moms: Slice the banana in half lengthwise and lay each half on the sides of the dish.
6. Kids: Carefully place the watermelon scoops on top of the blueberry/kiwi mixture, between the bananas.
7. Moms: Dollop the yogurt/cod liver oil mixture onto each watermelon scoop.
8. Kids: Garnish the top with granola and a raspberry!
Serves 1-3 *Adjust the amount of cod liver oil according to the number of desired servings. Each child should receive a 1/2 tsp. of cod liver oil, while adults should receive 1 tsp.
This article is sponsored by Carlson Labs.
- Mothering's Holiday Food Guide
- › Belly shots 14 minutes ago
- › High risk pregnancy resources in Greenville, SC area? 34 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 36 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 55 minutes ago
- › June 2013 chat thread - 2nd trimester here we come! 59 minutes ago
- › vaccines are great 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Weekly chat -- June 17th to 24th 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Motherease cotton terry vs organic durability-any use both? I need... 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Online Baby Registry - what would you include? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama