Here are some quick and easy ones for you to make. Just print out these charming cards (designed by Mothering staffer Melyssa Holik) from one of the PDFs provided below and customize them with a thumbprint.
(To download instructions and to see examples of where thumbprints might go, click here.)
What you’ll need
• card stock (white or lightly colored)
• a stamp pad
• crayons, markers, paint, or glitter (optional)
What you do
2. Print the pages onto paper or card stock.
3. Cut out cards.
4. Decide where thumbprint should go in picture.
5. Press thumb on stamp pad, then on card to make thumbprint.
6. Add additional decoration using markers or paint or glitter, if you’d like.
7. Add a personal note or secret message.
8. Drop card into in your Valentine’s hand-decorated paper mailbox!
P.S. Check out the other fun and crafty Valentine projects Melyssa Holik and I created as part of our 2011 V-Day Crafty Challenge. (Scroll down to the P.S.)
Card designs by Melyssa Holik