Thanks to Mothering member MrsKoehn for contributing this recipe.
Serves 4 adults or 2 adults and 4 children. Prep time is about 15 minutes.
- 2 ripe organic avocados
- 1-2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium organic tomato, diced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (concentrate works in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons organic sour cream (plain yogurt, mayo, or whole milk may be used or to go dairy free, omit entirely)
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Mash all ingredients together with a fork or whip up in a food processor. Yes, it's that easy and it's SO GOOD. If there happens to be any left over, cover with parchment or plastic completely touching the top layer of dip to keep from blackening. Serve with tortilla chips, on tacos, sandwiches, wraps, the possibilities are endless.