Related Forum Threads
- I'm Refusing All U/S.. Last post on 5/9/13 at 5:09am in I'm Pregnant
- Moms of 2 or more-Did you go into labor the same way each time? Last post on 5/5/13 at 12:38am in I'm Pregnant
- Post-partum hemorrage experiences? Last post on Today at 8:23 pm in Birth and Beyond
- 5+ years between pregnancies questions.... Last post on 4/28/13 at 11:18am in I'm Pregnant
- Placenta Pills from previous birth? Last post on 4/5/13 at 11:48pm in I'm Pregnant
Untrue Assumptions About Homebirth
Edited on 4/17/13
- Another Hilarious Mom Moment (Warning- Poop)Edited on 3/18/13
- Birth Requires WorkEdited on 2/13/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean Rate
Alphabetical Article List
Harlem Shake- The Mother -Friendly Water Birth Version!
Maybe you have noticed one of the latest YouTube phenomenons- the Harlem Shake. There are dozens of them online. They all start in a similar way- one person dancing and then- BOOM- a room fool of craziness and chicken suits.
But of course, for any true birth nut a Harlem Shake fad wouldn't be complete without a NATURAL BIRTH version.
I have this crazy friend Shannon who of course MADE one and it is hilarious. It has everything you need in a natural birth version of the Harlem Shake- a water birth, (look closely!) some hands and knees contractions, ecstatic birth, baby wearing, nursing, etc. Really, you have to watch it a few times (with the screen expanded) to get the entire amazingness of it all.
Here it is:
Now I would love to leave you with just that version (it is hilarious. I mean this very thing happened to me the other day at playgroup....) but I thought you deserved to see this version too-
It's true. Once you have kids you can't really take a bath alone any more. It does kind of end up like that. You might as well roll with it!
And I thought maybe I could find a way to work in this version....but I couldn't really think how it was relevant.
Nope. This is getting a little crazy.
Ladies, one thing I do know is this: more people deserve to know that birth can be amazing, beautiful and mother AND baby friendly. Spread the word any way you can.
That is how we make change.
Sarah Clark is a mother of four and a natural birth teacher in Northern California. She believes in mother-friendly care, home birth, and that you can be natural and still have a sense of humor about it. You can find her blogging about natural birth at www.mamabirthblog.com, training natural birth teachers all over the country with Birth Boot Camp, or pondering the uselessness of sleep.
- Another Hilarious Mom Moment (Warning- Poop)
- › How do I get my friend to discourage her kid's aggression? 19 seconds ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 3 minutes ago
- › TMI Nipple Question 6 minutes ago
- › DH wants to send DSS to live with his mom :( 9 minutes ago
- › Life w/PMDD/Severe PMS Support... 10 minutes ago
- › 2 week old with nasal issues... Could this be reflux? 25 minutes ago
- › two week old... clogged nose etc... whats normal? 27 minutes ago
- › PDX Fluoride Vote! 32 minutes ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 43 minutes ago
- › "I'm in labor!" thread - May 2013 DDC 50 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo