Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Vaccination Forum GuidelinesEdited on 5/21/13
- Co Op Organizer Guidelines Requirements And ApplicationEdited on 6/1/11
- Discussing Facebook Myspace Linkedin And Other Social Networking...
- topicMothering Guidelines
Alphabetical Article List
Intactivism Forum Guidelines
Welcome to the Intactivism Forum!
Intactivism is genital integrity activism. It can take many forms including the following examples:
- Working to enact legislation to support parents who choose to not circumcise
- Educating mothers and mothers-to-be about circumcision and genital integrity
- Demonstrate against those who support routine infant circumcision
- Organizing letter writing campaigns and other forms of activism action to educate the general public
The purpose of the Intactivism forum is to provide a place for intactivists to work together to create positive change. Intactivists can support one another by sharing opportunities and brainstorming solutions. We seek to create a place where genital integrity advocates can critically and respectfully evaluate campaigns, studies and incidents while still upholding the spirit of Mothering. To that end, please keep the following in mind when posting:
- The User Agreement is in effect at all times.
- The purpose of this forum is not to criticize, judge or attack individuals. Name calling is never appropriate. Please stick to discussing the facts so as to refrain from making potentially defamatory statements or casting suspicion upon people.
- Personal situations that are not calls to action are best placed in the general TCAC forum and will be moved.
- When posting news articles, please focus on the incident rather on the individual.
- Additionally, please be sure to follow MDC's copyright policy. Articles and other quoted material should be 100 words or less, and you may provide a link or source for the rest. Posting complete laws or press releases is fine. It is never appropriate to post private emails, messages or other communications without the express written permission of the author.
- Whenever possible, public action should be taken with the support and approval of the persons involved in the incident.
- The Intactivism forum is not intended to be a place where our members bash parents. It is understandable that intactivists become frustrated over the mainstream circumcising culture. Criticizing ideas, campaigns and actions that negatively impact genital integrity are all acceptable topics in this forum. Name calling, criticizing individuals or attacking parents or others are not.
Please PM a forum moderator or an administrator with any questions regarding the forum's guidelines or purpose. Thank you for your commitment to supporting genital integrity!
- Vaccination Forum Guidelines
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 5 minutes ago
- › Ovulation Due Date vs. Ultrasound 11 minutes ago
- › How old is "old enough" to leave a teen home alone overnight? 16 minutes ago
- › Petition to try to save newborns from severe nutrtional deficiences 18 minutes ago
- › Unclean blood draw 20 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 28 minutes ago
- › Previous births, plans for this birth? 42 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 45 minutes ago
- › How to cover the "basics" 46 minutes ago
- › DS is different 48 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf