Related Forum Threads
- Belly pic threads on breastfeeding forum? Last post on Today at 8:34 am in Site help and feedback
- what does it mean when someone is "following you"? Last post on 5/22/13 at 9:36am in Site help and feedback
- Goodbye to MDC, no longer a positive place Last post on 5/21/13 at 10:16am in Site help and feedback
- reputation? Last post on 5/22/13 at 9:12pm in Site help and feedback
- Where shud I post? Last post on 5/15/13 at 3:11pm in Site help and feedback
Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
Edited on 3/21/13
- Mothering Member BenefitsEdited on 3/1/13
- Why Join Mothering?Edited on 4/24/13
- Asking for Help
- topicMothering Help
Alphabetical Article List
Medical Advice GuidelinesBy: MotheringPosted 12/19/10 • Last updated 12/19/10 • 375 views
The opinions offered at Mothering.com and MotheringDotCommunity are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking care because of something you have read here.
At Mothering, we focus on topics from a natural point of view. We recognize parents as experts and seek to provide truly helpful information upon which parents can make informed choices. Our discussions on the boards are about the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support and information.
Requests for Heath Information
Discussion should focus on requests for information, personal experience and support rather than requests for a diagnosis, prognosis or personalized treatment plan that could be construed as medical advice.
Responses to Health Questions
In an effort to avoid giving the appearance of offering medical advice, we ask that members attempt to respond to health-related questions with general information regarding conditions, alternative approaches and/or evidence-based research rather than offering specific personal instruction. Members are welcome to share their personal experiences and opinions, but please avoid telling others what they “should” do in their unique situation. Trust members to make their own personal healthcare decisions, in conjunction with a trained care provider as necessary.
Phrases like in my experience, you might consider, many find, research shows, studies find, some find xyz successful/helpful, you could try, etc. are all helpful ways to provide information and express personal opinion rather than personalized instruction.Quote:
Providing information: You might consider applying ______ or offering______, many parents find that _____works well for _____ and here is how I personally determine if one needs medical attention (provide information or link).
Providing medical advice: You should immediately administer _____ or you have xyz condition and should start taking _______.
- Mothering Member Benefits
- › Bed sharing with a newborn and a 3 year old 1 minute ago
- › Just got back from the ER... 3 minutes ago
- › Anybody here planning a homebirth? 4 minutes ago
- › First post-birth meal or snack 5 minutes ago
- › When does the second trimester start? 7 minutes ago
- › I'm out :( 7 minutes ago
- › the bf thread 8 minutes ago
- › Thread for posting US pics! 8 minutes ago
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! 9 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 9 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky