1. Arrange for you and your spouse/partner to take a day off work, line up babysitters, etc.
2. Sleep in (on a Wed morning!)
3. Make breakfast together
4. Stroll through the near-empty mall (or, at least more empty than it would be on a December weekend)
5. Enjoy a leisurely lunch (with a festive drink)
6. Finish shopping
7. Head home before the commuters hit the road
8. Smile the following Saturday as you scoot right by the crowds on the way to the movies.
I blogged about this a few years ago after I stole the idea from an old boss of mine. Freakin’ brilliant.
What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
About Jenny Rough
Jenny Rough is a lawyer-turned-writer. Visit her on the web at www.jennyrough.com