Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Yesterday at 11:42 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Prenatal tests, are there any you're refusing? Last post on 8/2/11 at 2:38pm in March 2012
Thread Placement In Fertility
Edited on 11/9/10
- Mothering Member BenefitsEdited on 3/1/13
- Vaccination Forum GuidelinesEdited on 12/11/12
- Intactivism Forum GuidelinesEdited on 3/19/11
- Co Op Organizer Guidelines Requirements And ApplicationEdited on 6/1/11 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Pregnancy Forum GuidelinesBy: MotheringPosted 11/10/10 • Last updated 11/10/10 • 300 views
Welcome to MDC's I'm Pregnant forum! This forum is for discussion and respectful requests for information, personal experiences and evidence-based research to help mothers learn about natural pregnancy, minimizing intervention and navigating the prenatal experience.
From Peggy O'Mara, owner and publisher of Mothering/MDC:
Natural family living views pregnancy and birth as normal bodily processes, not disease states. Therefore, interventions are avoided during pregnancy in favor of human interaction. A person interested in natural living, for example, might choose to have her midwife palpate her abdomen to determine the baby’s size and age rather than opt for an intervention such as ultrasound...
It is not surprising, then, that the ideas of natural family living meet at the intersection of instinct and science. Personal intuition is often supported by scientific evidence...
The ideas of natural family living have heart and meaning and are a sustainable way of caring for children. They are not a dogma. I want to know not that you have followed my way, but that you know what your own way is. And I hope that you will realize that the current cultural values regarding birth and parenting are social constructions of our times. Only by reconsidering them will you have the whole picture, and only the whole picture is good enough for your child.
Requests for further information regarding pregnancy, evidence-based protocols, links to research and articles, personal experiences and opinions are encouraged. For information and discussion regarding birth-related topics, please read and post in our Birth & Beyond forum. Find more information regarding Vaccinations here, and to learn more about The Case Against Circumcision, please go here. Threads off-topic to Pregnancy will be moved at the moderators' discretion so please post to the most appropriate forum. Thanks!
Please see the I'm Pregnant forum's Disclaimer to ensure that your posts neither seek nor give medical advice. For Pregnancy Resources (helpful articles, threads and websites), please see the I'm Pregnant Forum's Resource Thread.
As always, please make sure your posts are in accordance with the MDC User Agreement. You may contact a moderator if you are unsure about the User Agreement, forum guidelines or if you have any questions, concerns or comments. For more information about MDC's Purpose, please read here.
- Mothering Member Benefits
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 28 minutes ago
- › Official bead sign up thread. :) 32 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 55 minutes ago
- › First Foods Pics Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Mother's Day 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Baby Talk 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Anyone in the centre region (nears Tours)? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › My 3 year old is freaking me out 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › public potty-training with toddler AND newborn 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo