Related Forum Threads
- The 'I'M/SHE'S IN LABOR!!!!!!!!!!' Thread Last post on 4/14/13 at 1:02pm in March 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Last Days of Pregnancy: A Place of In-Between
Edited on 10/23/12
- The International Rescue Committee Provides Pregnancy & Birth...Edited on 1/7/13
- Pregnancy Announcement EtiquetteEdited on 2/25/13
- The Labor Box: Preparing For My Second Homebirth
Alphabetical Article List
Questions to Ask a Doula
In interviewing a potential doula, the following list of questions might come in handy. Remember, your doula should be someone you like, since she will be with you during one of the most intense experiences you will ever have.
- Are you certified? By what organization? What kind of training have you had?
- How long have you been in practice as a doula? How many births have you attended?
- What care providers have you worked with? How many homebirths have you attended? In what hospitals have you attended births?
- Tell me about some of the births you’ve attended.
- What is your philosophy about childbirth? How do you support women and their partners throughout labor?
- May I meet with you to discuss our birth plans and the role you will play in supporting me?
- May I call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth? How can I contact you in an emergency?
- Do you work with one or more backup doulas (for times when you are not available)? May I meet them?
- When do you join women in labor? Would you come to our home or meet us at the birth center or hospital?
- Can you drive us to the birth center or hospital if necessary?
- Will you meet with us after the birth to review the labor and answer questions?
- What is your fee? Is any part of your fee refundable if, for some unexpected reason, you do not attend the birth?
- Can you provide references?
- The International Rescue Committee Provides Pregnancy & Birth...
Currently, there are 941 Active Users (55 Members and 886 Guests)
- › Feeling better already? 3 minutes ago
- › Belly Pics 5 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 5 minutes ago
- › Did your boys arrive later than your girls? 6 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 6 minutes ago
- › Leave Your Kids at the Park? 10 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 11 minutes ago
- › Tetanis help - pic 11 minutes ago
- › Cherry wood candle holder - "A Little Light" 12 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 12 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo