Related Forum Threads
- A Chance to Ask a Midwife and Naturopathic Physician Your Questions! Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Health and Healing
- The 'I'M/SHE'S IN LABOR!!!!!!!!!!' Thread Last post on 4/14/13 at 1:02pm in March 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Last Days of Pregnancy: A Place of In-Between
Edited on 10/23/12
- The International Rescue Committee Provides Pregnancy & Birth...Edited on 1/7/13
- Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book, The Heart in the WombEdited on Today
- Pregnancy Announcement Etiquette
Alphabetical Article List
Questions to Ask a Doula
In interviewing a potential doula, the following list of questions might come in handy. Remember, your doula should be someone you like, since she will be with you during one of the most intense experiences you will ever have.
- Are you certified? By what organization? What kind of training have you had?
- How long have you been in practice as a doula? How many births have you attended?
- What care providers have you worked with? How many homebirths have you attended? In what hospitals have you attended births?
- Tell me about some of the births you’ve attended.
- What is your philosophy about childbirth? How do you support women and their partners throughout labor?
- May I meet with you to discuss our birth plans and the role you will play in supporting me?
- May I call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth? How can I contact you in an emergency?
- Do you work with one or more backup doulas (for times when you are not available)? May I meet them?
- When do you join women in labor? Would you come to our home or meet us at the birth center or hospital?
- Can you drive us to the birth center or hospital if necessary?
- Will you meet with us after the birth to review the labor and answer questions?
- What is your fee? Is any part of your fee refundable if, for some unexpected reason, you do not attend the birth?
- Can you provide references?
- The International Rescue Committee Provides Pregnancy & Birth...
Currently, there are 1092 Active Users (79 Members and 1013 Guests)
- › First post-birth meal or snack 1 minute ago
- › When to pierce ears? 3 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 4 minutes ago
- › It looks like im not having a Home Birth this time around 7 minutes ago
- › Can I hang out here? 14 minutes ago
- › What are you all doing for the GD test? 19 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 21 minutes ago
- › ... and miserable. Can I please get some support? 25 minutes ago
- › May TWW Thread 26 minutes ago
- › How do you respond to 'Why do they have more than us'? 27 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky