Thank you to Mothering member fayebond for contributing this recipe. Find more recipes here.
I keep nori in the pantry for a quick, easy and healthy leftovers lunch like this one. Enjoy!
- 1 sheet seaweed / nori
- 1 and 1/3 cup leftover white rice (any kind will do)
- 3oz smoked salmon
- 1 pickled apsaragus, sliced in half
- 2T brie (the creamy inner part, no rind ;) )
- 1/4 an avocado, sliced thin
- 4-5 spinach leaves.
- Working on a sheet of plastic wrap, get your hands damp with water and gently distribute the rice over the bottom 3/4 of the nori.
- Line up your ingredients on the non-rice part of the nori. Stack them neatly on top of one another. Roll the un-riced part of the nori over the ingredients, taking care to keep it tight and contained.
- When the nori has encased all of the ingredients, use the plastic to help you continue rolling until all the rice is encased in what looks like a seasweed pipe.
- Lay the plastic over the roll and with a sharp knife that has been dipped in water, slice the roll into 8 equal segments. It helps to clean the knife between cuttings.
- Remove the plastic and serve.