Power to the Peaceful
Edited on 5/2/13
- Natural Egg Dyeing for Easter, Ostara or Spring!Edited on 3/26/13
- Candy Can Teach Science and Nutrition Concepts: hands-on...Edited on 1/25/13
- Top 10 New Year's Resolutions from the Mothering Community
Alphabetical Article List
Teethers and Rattles: Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2012
Plush Hammer Rattle
Why We Love It: What a great rattle!! Both my babies like to hit things with their rattles, and this just insures that the cat doesn't get bonked with something hard! It is a great shape for waving and "hammering" and the rattle is nice and loud. The shape also gives the baby interesting bits to chew on, which is a big pastime right now. The fabrics are very colorful and seem very durable. The rattle itself is well padded. We really like the different print options.
Where to Buy: Little Demoura Designs
ASL I Love You Teether
Why We Love It: If you are using ASL based baby sign language this teether is a fun way to reinforce that. The width of the toy, as well as the fingers sticking up, offer perfect chewing surfaces. The wood is non-splintering and naturally antibacterial, non-allergenic, and non-toxic. The maker uses FSC certified hardwoods and plants a tree for every toy sold. Made in WI, USA.
Where to Buy: Little Sapling Toys
Rattle Fish with Colored Disks
Why We Love It: Beautiful baby rattle shaped like a fish. Colorful wooden discs set on an internal post make a gentle rattling sound when shaken. Made in Germany by Grimm’s, Spiel und Holz, a favorite toymaker for Waldorf schools. Non-toxic finish.
Where to Buy: The Wooden Wagon
Wilbert the Worm Rolling Toy
Why We Love It: Constructed from midwestern hardwoods and mildly coated with natural beeswax in Illinois this toy is just right for rolling about. It can also be used as a teether.
Where to Buy: Peapods
Snuggle Baby & Super Snuggle Baby
Why We Love It: As soon as my 3 month old saw this doll she grinned and stared at it for a long time. The simple features are very recognizable to her and the soft, simple construction means she can grab it and not risk anything coming off or hitting herself with a hard piece. The fabrics are great quality and very cute. Even my 6 year old thought they were cute. We like that they cam in both a simple print and the Super Snuggle Baby who has a cape and mask.
Price: $18.00 and $21.00
Where to Buy: Little Demoura Designs
Under the Nile Handkerchief Doll
Why We Love It: The handpicked, organic Egyptian cotton that Under the Nile uses for its soft toys makes them irresistible and so safe for baby. I love the Handkerchief Doll with its formed head and loose cloth body: a perfect first toy for baby. Under the Nile toys are impossible to put down. They are uniquely designed, imaginative and safe for baby.
Where to Buy: Under the Nile
- Natural Egg Dyeing for Easter, Ostara or Spring!
- › Preparing for Baby (countdown!) 1 minute ago
- › The loss of affection 11 minutes ago
- › Distance between houses for daily visitation 11 minutes ago
- › "A Nation of Wimps" 22 minutes ago
- › Do things have to be even between siblings? 23 minutes ago
- › Who is packing? 28 minutes ago
- › Homebirth mamas - does anyone watch a series called "Call the... 41 minutes ago
- › Anyone know of St Bernardine Medical Center in San Bernardino, Ca... 48 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 53 minutes ago
- › Pregnant? Help please :( 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Skip Hop Treetop Friends Activity Gym by Otepbunni
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo