Power to the Peaceful
Edited on 5/2/13
- Natural Egg Dyeing for Easter, Ostara or Spring!Edited on 3/26/13
- Candy Can Teach Science and Nutrition Concepts: hands-on...Edited on 1/25/13
- Top 10 New Year's Resolutions from the Mothering Community
Alphabetical Article List
Teethers and Rattles: Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2012
Plush Hammer Rattle
Why We Love It: What a great rattle!! Both my babies like to hit things with their rattles, and this just insures that the cat doesn't get bonked with something hard! It is a great shape for waving and "hammering" and the rattle is nice and loud. The shape also gives the baby interesting bits to chew on, which is a big pastime right now. The fabrics are very colorful and seem very durable. The rattle itself is well padded. We really like the different print options.
Where to Buy: Little Demoura Designs
ASL I Love You Teether
Why We Love It: If you are using ASL based baby sign language this teether is a fun way to reinforce that. The width of the toy, as well as the fingers sticking up, offer perfect chewing surfaces. The wood is non-splintering and naturally antibacterial, non-allergenic, and non-toxic. The maker uses FSC certified hardwoods and plants a tree for every toy sold. Made in WI, USA.
Where to Buy: Little Sapling Toys
Rattle Fish with Colored Disks
Why We Love It: Beautiful baby rattle shaped like a fish. Colorful wooden discs set on an internal post make a gentle rattling sound when shaken. Made in Germany by Grimm’s, Spiel und Holz, a favorite toymaker for Waldorf schools. Non-toxic finish.
Where to Buy: The Wooden Wagon
Wilbert the Worm Rolling Toy
Why We Love It: Constructed from midwestern hardwoods and mildly coated with natural beeswax in Illinois this toy is just right for rolling about. It can also be used as a teether.
Where to Buy: Peapods
Snuggle Baby & Super Snuggle Baby
Why We Love It: As soon as my 3 month old saw this doll she grinned and stared at it for a long time. The simple features are very recognizable to her and the soft, simple construction means she can grab it and not risk anything coming off or hitting herself with a hard piece. The fabrics are great quality and very cute. Even my 6 year old thought they were cute. We like that they cam in both a simple print and the Super Snuggle Baby who has a cape and mask.
Price: $18.00 and $21.00
Where to Buy: Little Demoura Designs
Under the Nile Handkerchief Doll
Why We Love It: The handpicked, organic Egyptian cotton that Under the Nile uses for its soft toys makes them irresistible and so safe for baby. I love the Handkerchief Doll with its formed head and loose cloth body: a perfect first toy for baby. Under the Nile toys are impossible to put down. They are uniquely designed, imaginative and safe for baby.
Where to Buy: Under the Nile
- Natural Egg Dyeing for Easter, Ostara or Spring!
- › Car seats, travel systems, baby carriers... Oh my! 2 minutes ago
- › 32+5 and still no one to catch this baby... 2 minutes ago
- › Unclean blood draw 5 minutes ago
- › SAH/WAHMs, what do you do all day with your baby? (First time... 5 minutes ago
- › Inducing "Lactation" prior to labor/birth? 6 minutes ago
- › the bf thread 8 minutes ago
- › Short naps, fights bedtime at 2.5, but clearly tired! 10 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures 13 minutes ago
- › What are you craving? 13 minutes ago
- › Breast pump covered by insurance 16 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo