Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Fertility Forum Thread PlacementEdited on 2/8/11
- Wiki GuidelinesEdited on 1/10/11
- Copyright Concerns
Alphabetical Article List
Mothering’s MissionMothering is a community for exploring and celebrating the philosophy of natural family living. This philosophy includes the ideas of instinctual and responsive parenting, sustainable living, and parental autonomy. Mothering was founded by mothers on the premise that parents are experts in regards to their own families. In the spirit of informed consent, we examine unexplored sides of an issue, including controversial subjects, in an effort to give mothers all the possible information available. Ultimately, natural family living is about finding what is natural for a parent when unimpeded by social pressure. Mothering's vision is to provide parents with the information and inspiration to make the best choices for their families and empower them to claim their personal authority as a parent.
General ConductMothering aims to be a welcoming environment to discuss subjects pertaining to and surrounding natural family living. We appreciate that members come to our community at different places in their parenting journey and one of our goals is to welcome and educate new members. With that in mind, we expect our members to keep conversations civil and on topic, and uphold the integrity and diversity of the community. We value the honest and supportive exchange of ideas and opinions, and we ask that members avoid negative characterizations and generalizations about others. Examples and calm explanation are more useful than condemnation of ideas that differ from Mothering's philosophies.
Attacking or Name CallingHate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Attacking someone to provoke a negative response is not allowed.
Hate SpeechWe do not tolerate hate speech in any form. This includes but is not limited to racist slang terms, hateful comments based on skin color or background, religious bashing or intolerance, gay or trans bashing, sexist material, sizeism, ableism, faith-based prejudicial statements, derogatory remarks, and all jokes in poor taste.
TrollingWe are all entitled to our opinions, including those that are negative about a topic. But if you are knowingly or purposely posting to incite negativity and anger from the community, you will be banned.
ProfanityOffensive language is unacceptable and your post will be removed.
SpammingPurposely spamming with senseless, vacuous, or off-topic messages is not tolerated.
Advertising & SolicitationWe don’t welcome people posting their wares or promoting their websites in discussion threads. There are proper channels for advertising (contact email@example.com).
Pornography & Sexually Explicit ContentPosting of pornographic images or sexually suggestive content is not allowed. Discussions of sexual issues are hosted in the Sex Talk forum.
PiracyWe don’t allow linking to or giving information about any site that distributes illegal software or media or otherwise encouraging software or media piracy.
Questionable ContentThe Mothering community stands strongly against pro-spanking advocacy, abortion debate, routine infant circumcision, and harsh sleep training, including “crying it out”. Please keep this in mind when you post. A few other things we don’t allow: material that is knowingly false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, racist, sexist, homophobic. profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or invasive of a person's privacy. While we do host discussion of some topics that are a criminal offense in some locations, we permit these discussions for the sake of debate and exchange of opinion and information. We reserve the right to remove any posts that are a legal liability for Mothering.comSee also:
- Fertility Forum Thread Placement
Currently, there are 1460 Active Users (86 Members and 1374 Guests)
- › Recommendations for homebirth midwives in Seattle/Eastside area? 15 seconds ago
- › Declared grade for homeschooling? 2 minutes ago
- › Weekly chat June 10th to 16th 5 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 9 minutes ago
- › PPD or PPA around 6-8 Months or right before return of fertility? 11 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 12 minutes ago
- › I need advice please. What made you feel comfortable with deciding... 13 minutes ago
- › Dingoes running into the summer sunshine -- June! 14 minutes ago
- › Frustrating...please make me feel better 14 minutes ago
- › Preteen and Teen Unschoolers link 15 minutes ago
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama