Related Forum Threads
- New to this ..... Last post on 8/22/11 at 8:54am in Site help and feedback
- Thread problems... Last post on 5/22/11 at 2:32am in Site help and feedback
- I can't seem to figure out how to add a signature... Last post on 5/17/11 at 10:01am in Site help and feedback
- What is this on the side of my screen? Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:40pm in Site help and feedback
- New to Mothering.com Last post on 8/10/11 at 6:46pm in Site help and feedback
Mothering Member Benefits
Edited on 3/1/13
- Intactivism Forum GuidelinesEdited on 3/19/11
- Co Op Organizer Guidelines Requirements And ApplicationEdited on 6/1/11
- Discussing Facebook Myspace Linkedin And Other Social Networking...
- topicMothering Guidelines
Alphabetical Article List
Vaccination Forum Guidelines
We embrace all parents, regardless of their vaccination choice. Our Vaccinations forums discuss issues and concerns so that parents can make an informed decision. We are not, however, interested in hosting discussions advocating for mandatory vaccination.
We have intelligent, passionate, and wise voices posting frequently to the Vaccinations forum. We certainly want to keep the forum atmosphere a place where they can do so with their passion intact. However, that passion must also carry a measure of compassion and respect, regardless of who is posting and what they are saying. While no one should be labeled as irresponsible or uninformed for deciding to vaccinate, neither should parents here who have chosen to not vaccinate be accused of irresponsibility, not caring for their child, or presenting a threat to others. Please respect each other and refrain from statements that are condescending, hurtful, judgmental, and belittling. Everyone should acknowledge and abide by the guidelines of this forum so that all members of MDC will feel more comfortable posting here. Responding harshly to parents in need of info who perhaps asked in the wrong way, asked without reading the archives, or posted in a way that felt inappropriate has caused some to turn away from the forum. We want to do what we can to ensure that this does not happen.
Quote:Choosing whether or not to have a child vaccinated, especially in light of the politics of vaccines, must be an independent decision. It should not be coerced, but be the product of true informed consent. Few people even know that they have a choice regarding vaccinations, much less know what informed consent really is... Some parents want to comply with the entire vaccination schedule; others want no vaccinations at all. Some parents want certain vaccines but not others. And some want to delay the vaccines until their baby is older. Vaccinations: Why All The Fuss by Peggy O'Mara
We have the following specific guidelines for the individual Vaccinations forums:
Vaccinations Discussion and Debate: This is our main discussion, wear-your-big-girl-panties, forum to discuss all information and concerns about vaccinations. We expect and insist that all members post here with an open mind and a willingness to learn. It is for parents who vaccinate as well as those somewhat or staunchly against vaccination. Intelligent, informative, and civil debate should be the shining light of this forum. Do not stoop to accusation, condescending comments and veiled insults against an individual's character or intentions in posting here, as if that will somehow discredit the person or information.
Vaccination Research for Beginners - Here information is shared but not debated. This is a comfortable and welcoming forum for people who are new to the vaccination decision and want to ask questions and get the resources and information they need to make their own informed decision.
I'm Not Vaccinating - This is a support-only forum for those not or those seriously considering not vaccinating. Here we host discussion of issues that arise when choosing to not vaccinate and sharing of resources and information that are related to the no-vax decision. Members who are vaccinating should not post here to debate or argue accuracy or opinion of things posted.
Mindful Vaccination - This is a support-only forum for those who are vaccinating selectively, on a delayed schedule or fully vaccinating on schedule. Members who aren't vaccinating should not post here to debate or argue accuracy or opinion of things posted.
- Intactivism Forum Guidelines
- › Erythromycin after water birth? 1 minute ago
- › Bitter sushi anyone?? 2 minutes ago
- › Vaccination question 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for resources in East Texas 7 minutes ago
- › What clothing for a winter baby? 7 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant - Can a start a new thread? 10 minutes ago
- › plastic-free diaper pail? 12 minutes ago
- › "Ruining" our breasts 19 minutes ago
- › Motherease cotton terry vs organic durability-any use both? I need... 21 minutes ago
- › define unschooling 22 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama