Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on 6/12/13 at 1:20am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on Today at 4:18 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 14: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 14: Understanding weight gain during pregnancy
Being pregnant is like getting on a train that whisks you down the track to a destination not precisely known.
-Rahima Baldwin and Terra Palmarini Richardson, Pregnant Feelings: Developing Trust in Birth
What's Happening in Your Body?
Your clothes may be starting to feel snug. It's important to feel comfortable and unrestricted, so it may be time to start making some changes in your wardrobe. From this point on you will notice a continuous increase in the size of your abdomen until the baby is born.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
Your baby is now about 4 inches long. His head is out of proportion to the rest of his body, comprising about a third of his total length.
Weight Gain During Pregnancy
Most women worry a great deal about gaining weight, even in the early months of pregnancy.
As with everything else in pregnancy, there is no normal range by which to gauge proper weight gain. Some women actually lose weight in the first trimester, especially if they have had a lot of nausea. Many women report a thickening of the waist almost right away - something they notice when they try to close the buttons of their tighter-fitting jeans.
Moroccan Tagine is an exotic warm stew that is also very easy to make. It's also fabulous as a vegetarian dish if you prefer to eliminate the chicken. This dish provides plenty of protein and can be made spicy (or not) for each individual diner with a dash of cayenne pepper.
Sometimes there just isn't time to take a yoga class or get a massage. What you need are some simple meditations to keep you balanced. These exercises will help you to calm down and de-stress almost anywhere.
When everything in life seems to be changing, it's important to feel as though home is a true haven. Read 10 Ways to Soothe Your Home: A Guide to Creating a Peaceful Environment and learn simple things you can do to help make home a safe and soothing place to return to.
Try this journal technique: time yourself and write for 10 minutes without stopping. Keep your pen moving; don't think about what you are writing, just allow whatever comes up to appear on the page. When you are finished, put if away. Look at it again a few days later with fresh eyes, and see if you can learn anything new about yourself.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Hot all the time!!! Any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › IPV and varicella - skip the last dose? 1 minute ago
- › Spotting and really scared 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 5 minutes ago
- › Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 6 minutes ago
- › When your difficult child wears you out 6 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 6 minutes ago
- › GBS 11 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 20 minutes ago
- › I need a pep talk 27 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Amy Lansky
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama