Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Yesterday at 3:06 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 18: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 18: How to effectively communicate with your birth attendant
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
What's Happening in Your Body?
You may start to feel your baby's movements more reliably. At first this might just seem like a tiny flutter, but soon there will be no mistaking it.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
Your baby is now about five to six inches long-about as long as your outstretched hand. The baby's head is not quite as large in proportion to the rest of the body as it was before. Fingernails are now starting to form out of the nail beds on his fingertips.
Communicating with Your Birth Attendant
It's a good idea to take a little time to review how you would like to communicate with your birth practitioner. After all, you will be seeing this person for several more months, through all of your ups and downs. This person will help you through labor and usher your new baby into the world. Read the full article for some helpful guidelines.
Pack up our Luscious Beet & Beet Green Salad and take it to work with you for lunch, or serve it as a side dish with dinner. Add some feta cheese for protein and turn it into a main course. Loaded with folic acid, potassium, iron and calcium-this salad is as tasty a multi-vitamin as you will find.
Pregnancy is unpredictable. You may have an aversion to sex right now; you may notice no change in your sexual desire, or you may feel more passionate than ever before. If your expectations are not the same as those of your partner, it can be an emotional challenge. Get some pointers on how to incorporate sex and sensuality into your changing needs.
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the rectum. Some women get them for the first time during pregnancy, while others find that hemorrhoids they had prior to pregnancy now become worse. Take measures to avoid constipation (the main cause of hemorrhoids in pregnancy), by eating plenty of fiber, especially fresh fruits and vegetables.
To soothe hemorrhoids, soak a cotton pad in distilled witch hazel and place over the affected area. It can help to put the pad in the refrigerator first because the cold will help to shrink swollen veins. Ice packs can also be an effective way to reduce swelling and pain.
If you've heard Gregorian chants, you know how soothing sound can be. Sounds vibrate in the body when we make them, creating a feeling of peacefulness and balance. Turn on some music that relaxes you, find a quiet place to lay down, and let yourself be carried away toward a more balanced self.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 18 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 19 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 22 minutes ago
- › is this positive (CD 14) 30 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 34 minutes ago
- › April 2013 Book Challenge 47 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 50 minutes ago
- › Summer Homeschooling? Are you doing any? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Grimm's Spiel & Holz Fraction Circles Puzzle 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo