Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 8:18 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on Yesterday at 5:36 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 19: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 19: Is childbirth education for you?
Lessons in preparing for childbirth are really lessons in living.
-Lynn Moen, Around the Circle Gently
What's Happening in Your Body?
Your nipples and the area around them (the areola) may start to darken. Hormonal changes and the increase in your blood supply cause many women to feel congested during pregnancy and also to sweat more or to notice an increase in vaginal discharge. This is normal.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
If your baby is a girl, she has by now already developed her lifetime supply of ova, or eggs, inside of her ovaries. Permanent teeth buds are now forming behind the baby teeth buds in your baby's gums.
Choosing a Childbirth Education Class
When you think of childbirth education classes, you may automatically think about being taught how to cope with labor through learning breathing techniques and how to control pain.
Most childbirth education courses offer much more than this. You will find a broad range of them with different focal points and philosophies. Follow this link to find out what to expect from a good childbirth education course.
Everyone knows that there is nothing more comforting than a bowl of homemade chicken soup. So you can imagine that our 110% Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is even more satisfying. Never mind the protein, calcium, and B vitamin nutrients it offers - just enjoy the ritual of preparing it for yourself and your loved ones.
Sometimes there just isn't time to take a yoga class or get a massage. What you need are some Quick Relaxers. These fast exercises will help you to calm down and de-stress almost anywhere.
A relaxed day of good food, great music, and appreciation for the beauty of a pregnant body rejuvenates a harried mom-to-be in Pamper Your Pregnant Self by Amy Buringrud.
Our second child, a boy, was born on a Saturday afternoon last fall. The sky was blue, a gentle breeze rustled the leaves, and the clouds floated along as I labored. The midwife arrived at our home at 2:30 pm. I was dilated 2.5 centimeters, very excited, and a little scared.
Read the rest of Lisa Lim's story, The Birth of Kai: Touching the Edges of Myself.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Santa Fe/Espanola midwife recommendations or Los Alamos OB feedback 10 minutes ago
- › Stressed about my new FET protocol and can use a little support and... 11 minutes ago
- › The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's 14 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 20 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 9.0 (enrolling through... 20 minutes ago
- › Do things have to be even between siblings? 21 minutes ago
- › The loss of affection 22 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 24th-May 31st~ 24 minutes ago
- › I feel like I am the only one in the world that choses not to... 30 minutes ago
- › receding gums- any way to prevent or reverse? 31 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo