Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 11:00 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 25: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 25: Third Trimester Common Concerns
Somewhere in our lives, each of us needs a free place, a little psychic territory. Do you have yours?
What's Happening in Your Body?
For some women the middle of pregnancy marks a time when sex becomes pleasurable again. They've had a chance to work through morning sickness and have become well adjusted to pregnancy. Some women find that they are more aware of their bodies than ever before, and may even experience heightened sexual feelings.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
Your baby is about 13 inches long. She may now suck her thumb. You may also notice a rhythmic movement in your abdomen from time to time. This is the baby hiccupping! She is beginning to practice rudimentary breathing movements about this time.
Third Trimester Common Concerns
You are about to enter the third and final trimester of your pregnancy. For many women, this time is marked by impatience - it can seem like pregnancy takes forever. For others, it is a dreamy time that seems to float peacefully by. No matter how you're feeling, this is an excellent time to take stock of your choices up until now and to look deep inside yourself to inventory your mental state and emotions.
One of the most common problems for women in their third trimester of pregnancy is sleep, or lack of it, to be precise. Learn how to deal with this and other common issues that come up during the third trimester of pregnancy.
Incorporating more potassium into your diet may help ease leg cramps or that feeling of restlessness in the legs during late pregnancy. Some good sources of potassium are: prunes, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, bananas, beet greens, white beans, and halibut. Our Instant Banana Pudding is a yummy way to get more potassium in your diet.
The calf stretch is a great tool for dealing with leg cramps and restless legs during pregnancy.
Stand in front of a wall or closed door and place your hands on it, directly in front of you. Move your right foot back several inches. Bend your left leg, keeping both feet flat on the ground. Lean forward slightly. You should feel a stretch in the calf of your right leg.
Repeat this on the other side.
Try aromatherapy to help you get a good night's sleep. Sprinkle neroli blossom or sandalwood around your bed, or place a drop or two on a tissue and put it under your pillow. Lavender works also. For nightmares and anxiety, use frankincense instead. You can also put these oils in a warm bath before bedtime. A good bath blend is lavender, chamomile, and neroli.
This baby moves inside me now
Sending messages at night-
About life on the inside:
It is dark
But warm and quiet
With only muffled echoes softly pleading,
Wake up, little one.
I want to know you're in there,
Happy and safe.
Answers come again-
A sudden flutter-
Secret lyrics of song with no rhythm.
Played with hands and feet.
Someday I will hear the song again-
A high-pitched, quick and breathy humming.
I will teach her that she's been singing that old song forever,
And reach out for little splayed hands
That have long since held my heart.
By Yvette Benavides
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › How are you feeling? 2 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 7 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ultra whiny 17-month-old...how to nip it in the bud? 10 minutes ago
- › Measuring 46 cms at 30 weeks? What do you think? (fundal height) 14 minutes ago
- › Argh!! My skin!! 26 minutes ago
- › Erythromycin after water birth? 31 minutes ago
- › Bitter sushi anyone?? 32 minutes ago
- › Vaccination question 37 minutes ago
- › Looking for resources in East Texas 37 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama