Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 2:23 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 28: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 28: How to choose the right diapers
She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to the children, who ate with avidity. “She hath kept none for herself,” grumbled the Sergeant. “Because she is not hungry,” said a soldier. “Because she is a mother,” said the Sergeant.
-Victor Hugo, Les Misérable
What's Happening in Your Body?
Stretch marks may begin to appear on your abdomen, and possibly on your breasts. Although these will not completely disappear after your baby is born, they will fade with time. Your checkups may increase to once every two weeks at this point in your pregnancy.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
Your baby is now beginning to respond to sound more and more frequently. His heartbeat will change when he hears loud noises or the sound of a familiar voice.
Back in the early 1990s, when environmental awareness was at a peak, many states were considering taxing the sale of disposable diapers, or perhaps banning them altogether.
The use of disposable diapers is now so prevalent that many parts of the country no longer have diaper services. What happened during this time that caused such a remarkable shift in thinking?
Learn more about the benefits of considering cloth diapers for your baby.
Baked Ginger Orange Tofu is a good way to get some extra protein in your system for more energy. The ginger in this dish aids in digestion, if used fresh.
Get moving! Exercise, especially walking and swimming, stimulates circulation, strengthens your body during late pregnancy, and can help regulate your precious sleep. If you haven't incorporated walking or swimming into your pregnant life yet, it's not too late. Walking is a great exercise for the last trimester, and even during early labor.
Choose a beautiful place for your walk-a park or natural setting near your home or office. Make a ritual out of your walk-consider it a time to be with yourself during these last few months before the baby joins you.
Start with a small goal. Go to this special place once a week for 30 minutes, then increase to two or three times a week for 45 minutes each. Perhaps you can walk for an hour once each week. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and take your time.
Amble. Stroll. Once you get in the habit of walking, it will become easy to find the time.
Talcum powder can be irritating to a baby's respiratory system. Learn how to make your own powder out of a combination of natural ingredients that can be found at your local health food store.
Celebrate the Woman Pregnant
A woman pregnant,
I long to be seen
life invisibly visible
I want to be seen
not as my person,
but as the Miracle itself
of life begetting life
of human birth
Celebrate the woman
don't set her aside
nor cast her off as disabled,
or ever less woman;
Revel with her
feeling her firmness
knowing her softness
Carve her rare beauty
in smooth white marble
Look upon her.
Celebrate the woman pregnant
Hers is to know
the creative moment
of Life incarnating
By Ani Tuzman
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 1 minute ago
- › Can early induction (37 weeks) affect baby's development? 4 minutes ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 4 minutes ago
- › Breastfeeding after Reduction 8 minutes ago
- › A Peaceful Pregnancy 17 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have AVIVA ROMM'S respiratory immune tonic recipe? 18 minutes ago
- › Names? 20 minutes ago
- › My daughter and her dad's GF not getting along. Do I confront the... 21 minutes ago
- › Question for Ergo wearers! 26 minutes ago
- › Help! I can't decide if I should do an Unassisted Childbirth at home. 27 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo