Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on 6/12/13 at 1:20am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on Today at 4:18 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 30: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 30: Creating a Network of Other Moms
A friend is a gift you give yourself.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
What's Happening in Your Body?
Leg cramps, especially before bed, or during the night are not unusual. This is uncomfortable, but nothing to be concerned about. Try stretching and massaging your calves for relief.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
Your baby weighs between two and three pounds. She is slowly gaining stores of body fat and her hands are about one-inch long.
Creating a Network of Other Moms
We all need our friends, it’s true, but friends are especially critical for new mothers. Build strong relationships with other women now, so that you have support when your baby is born, as well as while you are pregnant.
This is a great time to familiarize yourself with the benefits of fenugreek tea. Fenugreek is commonly found growing in the Mediterranean regions of southern Europe, where both the seeds and leaves are used primarily as a culinary spice.
Fenugreek is known by herbalists to aid in digestion and can be helpful for dealing with the heartburn that often goes along with pregnancy. It is also used by breastfeeding women to help increase the flow of their milk. As well, nursing mothers often find that drinking fenugreek tea reduces the amount of gas their babies experience.
Fenugreek tea is prepared by soaking 500 mg of the seed in about five ounces of cold water for at least three hours. The seeds are then strained out of the liquid before drinking the tea, which can be heated or ingested cold. You can also find prepared loose tea or teabags in most health food stores.
Watch Your Back. Breastfeeding is all about posture. If you can get comfortably situated in a cozy rocking chair with a big glass of water nearby, you can nurse all day. If you’re not comfortable, however, you won’t enjoy the experience. These exercises stretch your back and strengthen it for breastfeeding.
Taking time to do nice things for yourself is extra important during pregnancy. Give your hair a beauty treat by moisturizing it. Choose one of these:
- one half of a ripe, mashed avocado
- 1/2 half cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of olive oil mixed with three drops of lavender or rose essential oil
Rub the mixture into your hair, concentrating on the ends. Cover your head with a shower cap or a hot towel and leave it on for 20 minutes. Sit down and relax while your hair soaks in the benefits. Then shampoo thoroughly.
As you prepare for your baby’s birth, the third trimester is a good time to start observing a Soul Day, a holy day for your family.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 2 minutes ago
- › Placenta Encapsulation 2 minutes ago
- › Thumbs Up and Reputation: What's it all about? 3 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 4 minutes ago
- › Raw milk a low risk food 6 minutes ago
- › Spotting and really scared 10 minutes ago
- › Might vaccinate this time around 12 minutes ago
- › Greenville midwifery care 14 minutes ago
- › They're Soooo Slowww... 19 minutes ago
- › What comments have you had about your large family? 20 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Organic Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash,... by fayebond
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by hmiller
- › Angel Baby Bottom Balm - 2oz by hmiller
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher