Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 11:44 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 30: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 30: Creating a Network of Other Moms
A friend is a gift you give yourself.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
What's Happening in Your Body?
Leg cramps, especially before bed, or during the night are not unusual. This is uncomfortable, but nothing to be concerned about. Try stretching and massaging your calves for relief.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
Your baby weighs between two and three pounds. She is slowly gaining stores of body fat and her hands are about one-inch long.
Creating a Network of Other Moms
We all need our friends, it’s true, but friends are especially critical for new mothers. Build strong relationships with other women now, so that you have support when your baby is born, as well as while you are pregnant.
This is a great time to familiarize yourself with the benefits of fenugreek tea. Fenugreek is commonly found growing in the Mediterranean regions of southern Europe, where both the seeds and leaves are used primarily as a culinary spice.
Fenugreek is known by herbalists to aid in digestion and can be helpful for dealing with the heartburn that often goes along with pregnancy. It is also used by breastfeeding women to help increase the flow of their milk. As well, nursing mothers often find that drinking fenugreek tea reduces the amount of gas their babies experience.
Fenugreek tea is prepared by soaking 500 mg of the seed in about five ounces of cold water for at least three hours. The seeds are then strained out of the liquid before drinking the tea, which can be heated or ingested cold. You can also find prepared loose tea or teabags in most health food stores.
Watch Your Back. Breastfeeding is all about posture. If you can get comfortably situated in a cozy rocking chair with a big glass of water nearby, you can nurse all day. If you’re not comfortable, however, you won’t enjoy the experience. These exercises stretch your back and strengthen it for breastfeeding.
Taking time to do nice things for yourself is extra important during pregnancy. Give your hair a beauty treat by moisturizing it. Choose one of these:
- one half of a ripe, mashed avocado
- 1/2 half cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of olive oil mixed with three drops of lavender or rose essential oil
Rub the mixture into your hair, concentrating on the ends. Cover your head with a shower cap or a hot towel and leave it on for 20 minutes. Sit down and relax while your hair soaks in the benefits. Then shampoo thoroughly.
As you prepare for your baby’s birth, the third trimester is a good time to start observing a Soul Day, a holy day for your family.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › May Chat Thread! 1 minute ago
- › weekly thread May 20-26 1 minute ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 5 minutes ago
- › I've been meaning to write & say thanks for 25 years 6 minutes ago
- › Heartbeat....? 7 minutes ago
- › Hi! 8 minutes ago
- › New to Mothering 9 minutes ago
- › What to do for 3.5 year year old that just lost mom & almost lost... 11 minutes ago
- › What are you craving? 11 minutes ago
- › TMI Nipple Question 13 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11