Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 1:54 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 31: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 31: Preparing for your Homebirth
I am open to the guidance of synchronicity, and do not let expectations hinder my path.
What's Happening in Your Body?
You may notice an increase in heartburn and indigestion as your expanding uterus puts pressure on your stomach. If this happens, try to avoid hard-to-digest foods, such as very spicy dishes and large amounts of dairy products.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
You may notice the baby hiccupping more often. This will feel like a small, rhythmic jerking motion inside of your abdomen and is the result of the baby's continued attempts to practice breathing.
Preparing for your Home Birth
If you are planning to have a homebirth, this is a great time to begin preparing for it and gathering the materials that you will need. In the first stages of labor you will have ample time to get it all set up..
If you find that eating a big dinner is making you feel too heavy and full at this point, try having salad as a meal. This lighter meal will provide you with plenty of good nutrients and some extra fiber to aid in digestion. Try our Succulent Supper Salad. You can add small amounts of meat or tofu to the recipe for extra protein, if you like.
Sitting Sole To Sole. This exercise is very good for limbering inner thigh muscles.
1. Sit on the floor with your spine straight, fitting the soles of your feet together. Grasp the upper part of your feet with your hands.
2. Lift your chin to the ceiling and begin inhaling. As you inhale, pull up on your feet as far as is comfortable.
3. As you exhale, keep the pull on your feet, but relax the inner thigh muscles so that you can feel your knees drop.
4. Inhale and exhale this way four times. Relax by sitting cross-legged or by lying on the floor on your back.
Pain that runs from the lower back down either leg to the foot is sciatica, a condition that often affects pregnant women. Try using cold compresses with either chamomile or lavender oil. Follow up with warm compresses. You can also massage lavender and chamomile oils, mixed with grapeseed or jojoba oils, in slow circular movements into the buttocks and upper thighs.
Some homeopathic remedies for sciatica are Arsen Alb (for intermittent pains that shoot from the thigh downward), Ignatia (for sharp pains in the low back and upper thighs) and Rhus Tox (for severe pain in the hip that radiates down to the knee, worsened by damp weather). Check with a homeopath to find appropriate dosages of these treatments.
Late pregnancy is a time when fears may resurface, and art is the perfect medium to address challenging emotions. Follow this link to Paint Your Fears Away.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › How are you feeling? 36 seconds ago
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! 4 minutes ago
- › Gender Disappointment / Expectation? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Blog post & link to new group 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas TTC May 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › New mum from Australia 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11