Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 5:33 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 32: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 32: Getting Ready for Labor and the First Few Postpartum Weeks
Every single human being was drummed into this world by a woman, having listened to the heart rhythms of their mother.
What's Happening in Your Body?
You may experience shortness of breath as your uterus presses on your diaphragm or ribs. You might find you need to take stairs slowly, and give yourself plenty of time to get from one place to the next.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
During these last weeks of pregnancy, your baby's weight is increasing by as much as one-half pound per week.
Getting Ready for Labor and the First Few Postpartum Weeks
Now is the time to stock up on things you might need during labor and the first few weeks of life with your new baby. Get some great ideas on how to get ready.
Stock up on prepared foods now, and reduce the amount of meal prep work that you'll have to do during the first weeks of your baby's life. Make a batch of Multigrain Pancake and Waffle Mix and store it to use later. All you have to do is add the wet ingredients when you're ready to prepare it. Bake a French Bean Casserole and stick it in the freezer, sealed in foil. Mothering.com has a full range of recipes, many of which can be frozen or stored for later use.
Try some African dance to get in the spirit of the last trimester and to prepare for labor. African dance is particularly grounding during pregnancy-it allows you to be present in the moment and to forget about everything else.
With a new baby, sleep will become precious. Sleepy Tea will help you to relax and get a good night's sleep.
A month before the due date of my second pregnancy, I had a dream that there were two little girls with pigtails in their hair joining our family. When I told my husband about my dream, he joked, "There had better be only one baby in there. We only have one more bedroom!" Click on this link to read the rest of Blessings of Homebirth.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › DH problem with anger or me -- overreacting? 40 seconds ago
- › AP friendly pediatrician in Longmont CO area? 1 minute ago
- › Chicken pox parties in Florida? 2 minutes ago
- › Handmade Holidays 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Elk Grove Village, IL 5 minutes ago
- › Was your fundal height indicative of a multiple pregnancy? I am 46... 7 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 8 minutes ago
- › Toddlers and TV time 8 minutes ago
- › What clothing for a winter baby? 10 minutes ago
- › Can someone please give me some advice? 12 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama