Related Forum Threads
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! Last post on 4/1/13 at 7:11pm in Queer Parenting
- How are you feeling? Last post on Today at 7:52 am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Appointment Results/Updates Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:53pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) Last post on 3/27/13 at 6:42pm in April 2013 Due Date Club
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Weeks 1 to 4: Pregnancy Week by Week
Edited on 10/23/12
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 6: Pregnancy Week by WeekEdited on 10/23/12
- Week 7: Pregnancy Week by Week
Alphabetical Article List
Week 32: Pregnancy Week by Week
Week 32: Getting Ready for Labor and the First Few Postpartum Weeks
Every single human being was drummed into this world by a woman, having listened to the heart rhythms of their mother.
What's Happening in Your Body?
You may experience shortness of breath as your uterus presses on your diaphragm or ribs. You might find you need to take stairs slowly, and give yourself plenty of time to get from one place to the next.
What's Happening with Your Baby?
During these last weeks of pregnancy, your baby's weight is increasing by as much as one-half pound per week.
Getting Ready for Labor and the First Few Postpartum Weeks
Now is the time to stock up on things you might need during labor and the first few weeks of life with your new baby. Get some great ideas on how to get ready.
Stock up on prepared foods now, and reduce the amount of meal prep work that you'll have to do during the first weeks of your baby's life. Make a batch of Multigrain Pancake and Waffle Mix and store it to use later. All you have to do is add the wet ingredients when you're ready to prepare it. Bake a French Bean Casserole and stick it in the freezer, sealed in foil. Mothering.com has a full range of recipes, many of which can be frozen or stored for later use.
Try some African dance to get in the spirit of the last trimester and to prepare for labor. African dance is particularly grounding during pregnancy-it allows you to be present in the moment and to forget about everything else.
With a new baby, sleep will become precious. Sleepy Tea will help you to relax and get a good night's sleep.
A month before the due date of my second pregnancy, I had a dream that there were two little girls with pigtails in their hair joining our family. When I told my husband about my dream, he joked, "There had better be only one baby in there. We only have one more bedroom!" Click on this link to read the rest of Blessings of Homebirth.
Image by Durga Yael Bernhard
- Week 5: Pregnancy Week by Week
- › A Peaceful Pregnancy 5 seconds ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 2 minutes ago
- › Imaginary friends at age 8? 4 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Shows EVER 6 minutes ago
- › Harry Potter concerns 9 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 13 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 19 minutes ago
- › Screams bloody murder in his cloth carrier, refuses to walk to... 26 minutes ago
- › Anyone in Athens?? 27 minutes ago
- › Blog post & link to new group 27 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11